New Nikon scope question!

boneill21

Ok guys i'm pretty new to scopes/long range shooting (ar 15 guy) so bear with me. Recieved a Nikon Buckmasters 4.5-14x40 scope today along with a set of turrets to replace the windage and elevation knobs. I used a quarter to remove the screw holding the elevation knob, wiggled it off , set the 0 mark on the turret to the line on the knob base and was good to go. On the windage knob i removed the screw and when i was removing the knob i heard a click. I don't know which way it clicked. I put the turret on anyways and set the line on the scope base equal with the 0 on the turret even though it may not be correct. Will this affect my shooting? How can i find out which way the teeth clicked so as to correct it and bring it back to factory specs? Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
I am assuming that the "click" you heard was the same "clicks" you will hear when sighting in the scope. If you were all ready sighted in before you installed the new turrets you will now ether be sighted back in to the same place you were or you will be 1/2"off assuming your scope adjusts 1/4" MOA per click. If you are off simply sight back in and re-set the the turrets back to "0" using the method described to install them.

400bull

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.