Nikon question

floyd

Guys thanks for your recommendations, which nikon scope model were you referring to (4.5-14) with turret adjustables.

Also how will this scope compare with say the zeiss conquest???

Its the (new) Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 SF, runs about $249.99 at opticzone. I would say the glass is probably a bit better then the VX2 series from Leupold, and way better then anything else in that price range.

Floyd Charles is spot on!
It's a great scope for the money.
It is available with a mil-dot reticle which I beleive you stated you wanted and to me the glass is in line with the VXIII's and better than the VXII's. I've had mine for 4 months and have been very pleased with it.

Tracks nicely, Good clicks, clear and bright optically early morning and late evening.

I have no hands on experience with the Zeiss.
The Zeiss may have some small advantages but it's 3 times the price.

Does anyone have a photo or a link of the new model, I cant find one on the net, or I am looking at the wrong one. The one I have seen doesn't appear to have the target type turrets. (unless I am mistaken)

Floyd, Check out the Nikon site. Just be sure that the Buckmaster scope has SF (new model with side focus)and not the AO (old model with adjustable objective). Good luck.

Here is a link to them floyd. link
These are at Jon's site he's a member here and has the best price on this scope around.
It's about middle of the page half way down.

Brian you should enjoy it. I put it on my 7mmSAUM and have target practiced and thrashed it into the woods and it's still working like a charm. Just not as pretty as when it was new!LOL

7RUM, did you pick up that .270 WSM Coyote yet?

I just ordered rings from OpticZone (Burris Sig Series), will order the scope after the holidays, when I'm not quite so financially challanged. I'll salvage one off another rifle for now.

Bri

No not yet. I'm planning on this coming week if everything goes right. I'm a little slack on funds as well due to my new extended family ( new wifes side )to buy for this year.

Those are the same rings I put on my SAUM and Nikon combo.

Floyd, they are low profile turrets. But there exactly like any other turret with numbered MOA marks, and revolution lines.

I am looking at putting a new scope on my 25-06AI Sendero,&
it appears from what you are saying I would have to move WAY
up in price to do any better.
Thanks for the info!

IMHO from what I have seen you would need to almost tripple the price to get the same features and glass quality.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.