New Mexico results

marioq

Well it's official, got skunked again for elk!!!! Dang!!!! I hate not getting to go elk hunting!!!!
How'd y'all do????

Mario

I just checked I pulled unit 52 rifle 10/15- 10/19 anything you can share on the unit will be appreciated

I drew

Unit 15 archery elk (sept 1-15)
Unit 27 rifle coues deer (Nov 19-23)
Once in a life time rifle Oryx hunt in February

Got an email yesterday from a buddy of mine stationed at Kirtland (his 2nd year) and he drew a 6B elk tag IIRC. I believe the same unit for deer too, I know it's at the Santa Fe NF somewhere.

Got an email yesterday from a buddy of mine stationed at Kirtland (his 2nd year) and he drew a 6B elk tag IIRC. I believe the same unit for deer too, I know it's at the Santa Fe NF somewhere.

Lucky sucker!!!! That's the Valle caldera!!!!
Great place to get drawn

There arnt any 6B deer tags but he may have drawn another area for deer. But he should have a good time either way!

Yeah, I couldn't remember (maybe 6C, A but really not sure) that's why I noted that it's in the Santa Fe NF area. My only deer hunting experience when I was stationed at Kirtland as the war zone of Corona and at the Rio Chama for elk.

It will be cool for him for sure. He will get a chance to see a lot of nice Bulls.

I sure hope so, he's very excited to say the least. I kinda feel bad as I cannot offer any help and the guys I used to hunt with from 1996-2000 have since changed duty stations. Hopefully, somebody will take him under their wings and show him the ropes, like I did when he was stationed at Malmstrom AFB, MT. :):Dgun)

He's #3 hunter on this thread >>> GunBroker.com Message Forums - Another Succesful 2010 MT Antelope Hunt !,

I just drew myself for the first time in New Mexico. Unit 55--Valle Vidal once-in-a-lifetime hunt area. Now I need to figure out how to hunt it. If anyone has any insights on where to look in that unit, I'd much appreciate it. It's the Oct 22-26 rifle (any weapon) season.

I've been hunting easy-to-draw, but very hard to hunt public lands in CO with the muzzleloader for the past couple of years. Been learning that area in depth, but the Valle Vidal is unknown land to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.