new member problem

bikerpbl

hey iv been looking around for awhile and decided to join. well my problem is i bought a new scope for my remington 700 sps tactical 20'' barrel chambered in .308, its a bushnell 6-18x50mm. im using leupold rings and base. the problem is the bell of the scope hits my barrel just barley, and that with my scope fully adjusted up it bore sights still to low. so my question is what are my options for mounting this scope on my rifle. i would buy higher rings so it doesnt hit my barrel but then it would bore sight even lower.

What base and ring set up are you using? Are you you worried about running out of elevation clicks if you buy higher rings? It should not be the case that you are running out of elevation travel. If there is, there is either a problem with how the scope was mounted, the mounts, or the scope itself. Are you planning on mounting to something like a 20 MOA rail?

Side note, I have the SPS tac. in a .308. Great little shooter....once I ditched that Hogue stock.

the package say leupold std rem 700 50015. i was so frustrated with it i took it all off and wouldn't object to some suggestions for a nice base and ring setup for a bushnell banner 6-18x 50mm scope.

Look at Burris Signature rings, which allow you to adjust the scope without the need for an angled base.
http://www.burrisoptics.com/sigrings.htm

Buy a set in high, and you will do fine:

Burris 1 inch Signature Universal Dovetail Scope Mount Rings FREE S&H 420501, 420500, 420511, 420510, 420512. Burris Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases.

Oh, and buy the insert kit (pack of 5, 10 and 20s) as you will need them:

Burris Signature ***-Align Offset Insert Kits & Individual Inserts 626019, 626018, 626016, 626017, 626024. Burris Riflescope Mounts, Rings & Bases.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.