New Member Introductions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoedo

Hello,

My name is Jeffrey Cullars, aka Shoedo, aka jcvontrappmeyer etc etc etc. I found your forum by doing a search for long range shooting. My expectation is to learn as much as possible about the use of optics, shooting, reloading and share in the commaraderie that I know exists in forum such as this one. I have limited experience with fireamrs except for a tour in the Air Force where my qualifying weapon was an M16. We did not receive much training at that time except to field strip the weapon and put it back together. I believe I only needed to shoot 75/100 rounds on the target to qualify. What a joke! Anyway, I am glad I did not have to defend myself in battle with that weapon, not because of its inadequacies but because of mine. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this great learning experience. I promise you that I will examine the existing threads before asking any question. lightbulb

Welcome to Long Range Hunting Jeffrey.

Sounds like you've got a long road ahead of you but it'll be fun, and expensive.:)

Hello all, my name is Bruno...I hail from SW Washington. I like to shoot stuff far away. CZ 550 .308 is tool of choice.

Givin` Name is Johannes. Bin called Sgt.Maj. for so long I kinda like it. But will
answer to bout anything. Retired 14 July '13 35 yrs US Army. Not much
good @ this 2finger Typen s**t.

Hello one and all,
I'm C. Chapman from Huntington, WV. USA. As the towns name suggests {Hunting-ton}, I L-O-V-E to hunt, fish, and most activities that involve the outdoors....But, I have hit a bad patch of luck here lately.... First off, someone set my outbuilding on fire and ALL my hunting equipment and fishing gear were burned up....Then, I lost my job {been out of work for over a year and a half}.... And lastly, I have been diagnosed with ALS.... So, as you can see, I'm in a bad spot....But all is not lost, I have hope to some day to get back in the fields to hunt and find a accessible body of water to fish upon....
Have a awesome day everyone.....:):)

Hello, James here from montana, new to the site. Have been on here for many questions almost all have been answered so i figured i would sign up today. hope to learn alot!

Hey everyone new to site but have been reading it for a few years. I figured I needed to register so I can get in on some of the great post. I have learned a lot already from this site. I live in Pinson, AL and love to hunt but just have not had the time to get much done. I also love to shoot but same thing there with the time. Bigbirddog comes from my short and fat Brittany which was a great hunter but now he is like his master out of shape. LOL

My ID is skipp. I've hunted in Western Washington and Kentucky--my residences. I am currently in Kentucky but will probably be back in Washington in a bit.

I've been reloading for a 300 RUM and I am working on making that gun a little more accurate. My current projects are a 300 BLK and 458 SOCOM in M4 configurations--not exactly long range hunting guns.

Other than the 458 my rifles are 30 cal centric: 308, 7.62x39 (a plincker), 30-06, 300 RUM, 300 BLK.

I would like to make the 300 BLK into a short range dear gun. My loads are currently 110 gr TTSX. I've played with some 130 gr TSX, and 125 gr Nosler BT.

My 458 Socom bullet is a 300 gr TTSX. I haven't worked up any loads yet just accumulated the components.

G'day, My name is Butch. I live in the far west of Victoria Australia. Retired farmer but still love to give fox a hard time. My daily user's are a Browning T bolt hmr 17 & Browning X bolt 243. Both have Leupold VXL scopes 3.5-10 x 50 for the 17 & 6.5-20 x 56 on the 243. I only have one "interesting" rifle, a Vickers .242 Nitro Express with a Hensoldt Wetzlar scope. Made in 1923 and performs like a modern .243.
Cheers from down under. Butch.

Hi,
I am a 48 year old disabled grandfather who really wishes that I could still hunt, and shoot. I have had to give 99% of my outdoor activities up but I still love to read about them. Reading about everyones adventures is my way of living my hobbies thru them.

Re: New Member Introductions from the true center of Texas

Howdy Ya'll...
Greeting from the Lone Star State. Great place to be.... Much of the population is armed...crime rate drops...
Me...handle: Aged1. Been shooting something for quite a few years. Qualified in US Army with M1... See handle.. That M1 shot REAL bullets..big'ns..
I shoot. 9mm hand piece, 22 Rimfire lever gun, and 22 LR hand piece , 357 lever gun, and 357 hand piece, 38-55 in High Wall replica single shot, 22-250, 270, .17 HMR left hand bolt gun. Safe now full...got to small of a safe. Also reload for all center fire guns. Oh...almost forgot...12 gauge hiding in closet...blackest, ugliest made in China pump gun you ever saw...bought it later on same day some nut case came to torch my neighbor...got confused and burned up my Ford Exploder instead.
Do most of my shooting from porch ... Gotta move off porch for distance past 75 yards....working on 200 yard layout currently.
Kinda retired, but folks still come to me to get custom wood things built/refinished, and the proceeds from that effort funds more shoot things... Thinking... Need more safe...then more guns:D
Aged 1 or Richard or Dick, or .....

Hey everybody. New to the site. Live in Colorado. Retired Army. Hunt big game our here with my 30 .06 and just got a 7 mm Rem Mag. Look forward to spending some time on the site.
Steve

Hello, my name is JJ aka redbeardj. I'm from South Tx I like to hunt, fish and hunt. lol.. I shoot with my fathers Savage .270 Win. I've had it for 15 years now. I don't shoot LR, the longest I've shot is close to 300 yds. I came across this site doing some research on a Rem 700 sps .308. Read some of the posts on this model and decided to join to learn more about LR shooting, hopefully I can pick up some good pointers. And would be grateful for any advice that you all can spare my way. Thanks for the add

Status
Not open for further replies.