• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED "NEW" MCR 7mm Dakota F/S

I haven't had a gun shipped in over 10 years, what does shipping usually run? I am in AZ so it is basically coast to coast.

Wish I could get some stuff sold off so I could buy this... All my extra $$ is being saved for my 338 AI build

Bueatiful gun seeing if I can swing it, 2 months ago it would have been a no brainer before I went on the spending spree for optics.

The gun is just the begining tallying up the other stuff, scope, reloading gear, etc.

I would own this gun but there is a problem, Kevin already has my money and building one simular to it now. Just my luck,

I bought it and it showed up today! It is a beauty! :D

Got a lot of attention at the FFL, told them not to slobber on it.

Hope to make up some starting loads this weekend, can't wait!

Thanks again Kevin!!!

congratulations! Keep us up to date on your load development. I have one coming in about a month. I can't wait to get it out to the range.

Jeffvn

Kevin built my Dakota. It is a shooter no doubt and it also gets allot of attention when I break it out.

That orange and black is awesome on yours, one of the best looking rigs I have seen.

I hope mine shoots as good as yours!

Staring with the 180 VLD's since you guys already had load info developed for them.
73g -75g Retumbo stating at .01 off the lands using the method outlined by Berger.

I will be hunting with it this fall and if there is anyway I can get it dialed in by 4th of July I may try and find a few coyotes while I am on vacation. I was actually surprise that with the scope it is a little lighter than I thought it would be,

I seen the scope on it is nice.

Kevin built this so it will shoot without a doubt.

I ended up using Retumbo with the Berger 180's. I'm running them at 3200 FPS without pressure but my barrel is allot longer then yours. I'm guessing you should be pushing them around 3000-3100 fps out of that rig.

I liked the new sightron stuff as well but I asked for whichever Kevin could get his hands on first. Have not shot it but so far I am impressed with the layout on the Vortex.

I saw some of the load data you had from Kevin and had a question. What powder charge did you start with. The software output from Berger showed 71.7 max but I have not found anyone in searches on many sites that is using less than 72g of Retumbo for this cartridge. With a new gun and a shorter barrel I am sure I cant burn quite as much powder as you but I wouldn't think it would be more than a grain or so and as you pointed out 100-200fps slower. I am thinking I will start at 70g and then go up.