• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED "NEW" MCR 7mm Dakota F/S

Kevin Cram

I built this as a spec gun from parts for sale on LRH. It was a piece here and a piece there at a good deal. The barrel came in and the customer changed his mind on contour so I kept it. I went back and forth on the chamber and finally settled on the 7mm Dakota. The rifle weighs 8 lbs. 12 oz with no bi-pod no scope. The original fire control had the ISS lock and all I had on hand non ISS was a blued fire control. I can upgrade to a PTG and silver shroud, I can also upgrade the trigger if someone preferred. This rifle has never been fired and is brand spanking new. I invoiced this rifle and to custom build it would cost around $2500. I'm selling this for $2250 plus shipping. I'll include a hard case with the rifle. Here are the specs.

Remington 700 L/A BDL Stainless fully blueprinted
Holland Recoil Lug
Sako Extractor
Factory Remington Trigger
Chambered 7mm Dakota
Brux Barrel / 7mm / 1-9 twist / #4 contour / finished at 26"
Interrupted flutes Cerakoted black
CSR Original Muzzle Brake
Custom Thumb Hole Stock in Birch Laminate / 1" Decelorator Pad / 2 swivel studs / Matte Clear Finish
Pillar Bedded

Thanks for looking

7mmDakota1.jpg

7mmDakota2.jpg

7mmDakota3.jpg

7mmDakota4.jpg

7mmDakota5.jpg

Kevin,
This is a piece of art, very very nicely done. Awesome, would love to add to my group of ladies.

ugggg I wish this were up 3 weeks ago before I bought my 338LM. Very nice looking, and I love that chambering.

JeffVN

Best long range shooting rifle I own was built by Kevin.
Very nice looking stick.

I wish somebody would buy this **** thing...If it lasts much longer I'll be moving my bed out in the yard

what is the parent case for a Dakota?? I do reload but not for wildcats. So i would assume that you can not just buy bullets for this rig.

Judd,
What powder, bullet load conbination are you using
icon5.gif
what might be anticipated barrel life for the 7 Dakota and velocity.
Sure is a nice looking rifle and very tempting.

awsome rifle but looks to pretty to be packin around in the back country where
I hunt.:D

180 gr berger VLD

Retumbo Powder

Lapua brass

215 primer

I'm shooting a 32" barrel approching high 3100 FPS

As for you're question of Barrel life I'm not sure. Take care of the barrel don't let it heat up keep it clean and it will last awhile. How many shots you shoot out of you're hunting guns?

Just a guess but follow what I said above and I don't see why you couldn't get 1k rounds before a setback is needed. Maybe more. How long will it take you to shoot 1k rounds. My carry gun I'd be lucky to shoot that many rounds in a lifetime. My Dakota I built however I expect to hit that in 2 to 3 years. We share our guns when we hunt so we normally shoot 300 to 400 rounds a year out of each gun. I hunt with the same group of guys so we stay familiar with each others equipment in case we have to use theirs when a shot presents itself.

Kevin's guns shoot lights out. My longest shots to date were with his guns. His Cheytac I killed a doe at over 1500 yards this year. My buck was 400 yards. I have killed groundhogs with Kevins guns over 1k yards.

I have not done load testing with one of Kevins gun yet that we havn't found a load that shoots 1/2 MOA and single digit ES and SD through the chrono with minimal effort. Performance with any of his builds will not be an issue.

I handled this gun many times at his shop. I will say this....If I had the money right now this gun would not have made these pages to sell. I wouldn't hesitate to buy this for long range work if I already didn't have a Dakota.

Put some good optics on this and a good shooter behind it and it will spell trouble to any deer inside of 1k yards...maybe further.

JUDD

what are you asking? its looks great! have you tested it for long range yet?