New McMillan Long Range Hunting Stock..

santee116

Found this interesting article the other day.

Fantastic New Long Range Hunting Rifle Stock! | Latest News | Hill Country Rifles

Looks like a pretty cool stock. Reminds me of the MCS-T with the high comb. Sounds like it may only be available through "Precision Stock Works". Never heard of them, but they designed a nice looking stock.

At the bottom of the article is a link to a nice video review by Shooting Times.

Sorry, I don't know any info that wasn't in the article. I just happened upon it yesterday.

when I think of a long range stock I am looking for something with a straight comb that puts the recoil pad up higher. Long range is synonymous with prone/bipod shooting. and when your on your belly a stock that drops to the recoil pad that far ends up in your armpit and not your shoulder. If your shooting off a bench sitting in a chair it would work fine.

First off, it is NOT a 'New McMillan Long Range Hunting Stock'. It is OUR OWN DESIGNED stock, the PRECISION STOCK WORKS RIFLEMAN Stock, manufactured for us by McMillan. Many stock companies do this, as well as almost anything else manufactured in the world (farming out manufacturing to the pro's, that is). That said, our website is up and running with inventory status and custom ordering sections. There is a 'Completed Rifles' section that we started for rifle builders (building rifles utilizing our stock, of course) to display their creations. Free advertising. Articles evaluating this stock appear in the April 2012 issue of 'Shooting Times', page 64, the October issue of GUNS & WEAPONS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT, PETERSEN'S HUNTING Annual Gear Issue 2013 and the July issue of TACTICAL WEAPONS Magazine. This stock is also a very capable LIGHT TACTICAL stock for that niche of weapons use.
The Rifleman was designed for Hunters by Hunters for the Long Range Hunting segment of the market. Up until now one had to use a dedicated Tactical style stock or modify a 'conventional' hunting stock to work with high-mounted scopes (driven there by large objectives/high magnification) and prone position shooting. Either one a compromise at best. The problem with Tactical stocks was that they ONLY do this well - prone - and fail in any other shooting position. The Rifleman works just as well off-hand, resting on a limb/rock, using shooting sticks, resting on your knee in a seated position, kneeling, resting on your pack, etc. It is truly a Hunters stock and a Long Range shooters answer to 'What stock am I going to build my Dream Rifle on'. Also, being a dedicated RIGHT Hand Only design (for now - as demand dictates Lefty molds will be made) your hand and arm are completely relaxed. No longer does it feel like you're 'grabbing the wrong end of a baseball bat'. Available for Remington 700 and ALL clones, Winchester M70 and ALL clones, and for Savage with BLIND MAGAZINES ONLY.
Please feel free to call or email with any questions or concerns.

Last edited:
First off, it is NOT a 'New McMillan Long Range Hunting Stock'. It is OUR OWN DESIGNED stock, the PRECISION STOCK WORKS RIFLEMAN Stock, manufactured for us by McMillan. Many stock companies do this, as well as almost anything else manufactured in the world (farming out manufacturing to the pro's, that is). That said, our website is up and running with inventory status and custom ordering sections. There is a 'Completed Rifles' section that we started for rifle builders (building rifles utilizing our stock, of course) to display their creations. Free advertising. Articles evaluating this stock appear in the April 2012 issue of 'Shooting Times', page 64, the October issue of GUNS & WEAPONS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT, PETERSEN'S HUNTING Annual Gear Issue 2013 and the July issue of TACTICAL WEAPONS Magazine. This stock is also a very capable LIGHT TACTICAL stock for that niche of weapons use.
The Rifleman was designed for Hunters by Hunters for the Long Range Hunting segment of the market. Up until now one had to use a dedicated Tactical style stock or modify a 'conventional' hunting stock to work with high-mounted scopes (driven there by large objectives/high magnification) and prone position shooting. Either one a compromise at best. The problem with Tactical stocks was that they ONLY do this well - prone - and fail in any other shooting position. The Rifleman works just as well off-hand, resting on a limb/rock, using shooting sticks, resting on your knee in a seated position, kneeling, resting on your pack, etc. It is truly a Hunters stock and a Long Range shooters answer to 'What stock am I going to build my Dream Rifle on'. Also, being a dedicated RIGHT Hand Only design (for now - as demand dictates Lefty molds will be made) your hand and arm are completely relaxed. No longer does it feel like you're 'grabbing the wrong end of a baseball bat'. Available for Remington 700 and ALL clones, Winchester M70 and ALL clones, and for Savage with BLIND MAGAZINES ONLY.
Please feel free to call or email with any questions or concerns.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.