New Long Range Hunting (Pigeons)

nitrousmudbogger

We were looking for coyotes this morning (didnt see any) so I thought a little practice was in order. I was shooting at some cliffs above the river and a pigeon landed on the cliffs. I thought huh, why not. 751yds 257 Wby
I didnt hit him but I think he got some dust in his eyes. The more I thought about it the funner it seems. I think I found a new hunting in the others off season

I usually try to dust some pigeons in a few of the places I hunt rock chucks. They can be really small targets but fun none the less.

We were looking for coyotes this morning (didnt see any) so I thought a little practice was in order. I was shooting at some cliffs above the river and a pigeon landed on the cliffs. I thought huh, why not. 751yds 257 Wby
I didnt hit him but I think he got some dust in his eyes. The more I thought about it the funner it seems. I think I found a new hunting in the others off season

You ever go to the Flying J there at Belgrade? I stop there every time when Im head into or out of YNP.. Might see ya there someday

Love magpies and crows. I asked the fish n' game if I could shoot 'em. She said, "Are they bothering you? You can shoot them if they're a nuisance". Ha, ha. Hell yes, they bother me. They fly off every time I try and shoot 'em!

I bagged my furthest crow at 761.

I want an article on Len's desk tomorrow morning with pictures explaining exactly how to hunt the 1000 Yard Pidgeon. Next Week I want another article on the 1Mile shot!

Im sure the lefties already have a hit out on Len.

Promoting Long Unethical Kills, Massacres of Prairie Dogs and Predators and now the honorable and cute pigeon whats next? When will this end??

XD

"I bet none of you have a .234 (6mm rem necked to .234) "

No...but I'm necking my thermos bottle down to a phonograph needle! Should be a 'nanosecond-clipper'!

Grit, this is a funny one!!! Oh yeah, and congrats on a crow that far away.

Love magpies and crows. I asked the fish n' game if I could shoot 'em. She said, "Are they bothering you? You can shoot them if they're a nuisance". Ha, ha. Hell yes, they bother me. They fly off every time I try and shoot 'em!

I bagged my furthest crow at 761.

Shooting pest birds is fun for sure, we have magpies, rooks and those bloody spur winged plovers(nasty lil bastards!)here in NZ.

Thankfully someone has had the sense to make them a "pest" now so shooting them isnt illegal anymore.

I call them "pooof birds" cause when you hit them they kinda go "POOOOF"
big cloud of white feathers.

The DUMBEST magpie Ive ever seen landed on top of a target frame during a 300 yrd F class match, I was happy to drop a point to watch what a 162 AMax does to magpie! neadless to say it was spectacular and being a social kinda match I was given a 6.1 for protecting our native bird life, FYI these birds do a great job in killing the chicks of our native birds.

300WSMMAD

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.