new LSR

Jimm

bfa6f19e.jpg

Yahoo !!, can't wait to shoot ,will keep posted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok jimm. You just can't show us a pic of a new stick and not tell us about it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Alright come clean. What is it??

OK, OK,OK /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tis the season to be jolly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Oh yeah , thats christmas .Well so is this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Chris Matthews of Long Shot Rifle fame ( or is that infamy, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, thanks again Chris for the work and putting up with such a dummy,and also for the quick turnaround) has made me a new toy.
Remmy 700 action ,Broughton bbl. 11 twist 28" hv 7 contour,trued action/bbl,free float , pillar bedded,Jewell trigger set at 1lb. A5 stock ,Leupold mk4 8.5x25x50( yes Bill Bailey ,this is the one you got for me, thanks for the great service ) with the TMR reticle,badger 20moa base /rings done up in my favorite caliber ,300 winmag.

I am reloading like crazy , cant wait to shoot , will keep posted. Jim

Ahh yes, a details fixx, needed that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nice looking toy, keep us posted on how it shoots. Considering its lineage we've got high expectations. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris

Hey Jimm,
Very, very, nice and indeed worth waiting for.

Like you i cant wait to show off my new stick and try it out on the range. Made a mistake calculating my base/ring hieght so i am waiting for a new set of Badgers.

Ian.

"I meant to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

PS. I noticed in your photo the RCBS bench primeing tool, in my opinion one of the finest reloading tools available. Ooh, and where did you host your photos?

Thats a great lookin rig. Thanks for sharing. Cant wait to see how it shoots. How do you like that stock? Scope and reticle?

Chris does it again!! Great looking rig for sure. I'm sure she shoots as good as she looks.

Joe

Hey Centrepunch ,

I do like the RCBS primer tool. I have used hand held primer tools of various mfg. and liked them too. It just so happened that the last time a hand held tool gave out I was at a place that had the RCBS tool marked way down ,so, I bought it.I can sy without hesitation it has served me well. Have you had to grind off the mushroom that forms on the bottom of the priming post ? That post is not hardened and over a period of time it will form a mushroom on the bottom that causes the post /stem whatever to hang up and the new primer will spill out.No big deal , just grind off the mushroom and your good to go again.A few more dollars invested in the production of this tool would eliminate this prob. but would not make it perform any better at it's task.

oh yeah , I used photo bucket as Abinok suggested , worked as good as I wanted.A problem I have found when trying to use such sites is that you seem to pickup more bugs than elsewhere. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif So ,I watch for the signs and respond accordingly , it does'nt matter what protection you have , there is always a bigger dog out there BTW , the .243 AI is here too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif, just waiting on scope back from Leupold . Man , those fireformed cases are purty( just had to use the southern spelling). I'll post pics whe I can. Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.