My new 6.5-284 LSR

D.P.

Got a new toy last month but haven't had much time to shoot it yet.

700 action
Broughton 5-C heavy varmint
A-5
Badger Metal top and bottom
Mark 4 8.5-25
Built by Chris Matthews LongShot Rifles

Break in was easy. Cleaned up nicely after about 7 rounds (1 and clean) Showed great signs with H4831sc 50 grains during break in with 142smk's and 210m Lapua brass. (slow load 2780fps) went under 1/2" for five shots. When I worked up to 2960 fps it went 1/4" for 3-shots. I haven't played with seating just 12 off, don't think I will, if it repeats it I'm going shootin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Ric will post pictures.

Here ya go...! Looks like Chris did it again!!!
2960 is great velocity for that 142!

1010.jpg

1011.jpg

1012.jpg

28" Broughton lists it at 7.6 Lbs. When I get a Chance I will weigh it and let you know.

I've been waiting to see this baby. Talked to Chris awhile back and he mentioned to keep an eye out for this post. WOW!! I need to have this rifle built for me now
A few questions. Is it a 700 long action? Looks like it is.

Time to gather an action and send it off to Chris Can you give an idea of the total you paid for this lovly beast

Also..is it a single shot or repeater. God I'm drooling all over. Time to try to gather some funds

Thanks

joe

Another question..The Mcmillan A-5 looks different on the mcmillan web site. Whats up?

wooppss

The one I saw on the web site did not show the optional thumbwheel adjustable stock. A little digging proved me wrong...

God I love this rig...

Hey Chris...Get ready to do another /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Joe

Got a chance to recheck the H4831sc load it repeated so I'm not going to mess with (2960 FPS) Also shot first 3 shot group at 200 yards things look good now it's time to go shooting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Rick will post targets.
The Broughton Barrel is a keeper!
and so is Chris Matthews.

Rimfire

I thank you for this thread. Today I talked to Chris and my 700 long action will be on it's way to him next week. NOW...What to do during the wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Man...I can't wait

BTW..Almost a mirror to what you got but with a blind mag

Joe

Now ya got me thinking... I may need to build somthing with a Broughton Barrel....

ohhhhhh.. Cccchhhhrrrrriiisssssss ;-) LOL

untitled.JPG

Looks like we may keep Chris busy for awhile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Joe

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.