New Howa HS Carbon Fiber introduced at Shot Show

Not a carbon fiber barrel. And production is suspended on them.
Barrett Fieldcraft is available on Gun Broker and the rifle only weight is 5 lbs or 5lbs 7oz depending on action length. If someone is locked into a carbon barrel for weight reduction or heat transfer advantages then yeah, the Barrett Fieldcraft would not be suitable. For my money the Fieldcraft is the Best Buy for sure. BTW... I have 2, an 25-06 and 6.5 Creedmoor

Howas may be a little heavy, but they shoot very well for factory rifles. Before I burned out the barrel on my Vanguard series 1 - 257 weatherby it would shoot .5-.75 consistently. The only mod was a timney trigger.
Was the Timmey trigger to install on the Vanguard series 1 and were you able to adjust it to 2.0 lbs or so? Thanks I meant difficult to install.

Barrett Fieldcraft is available on Gun Broker and the rifle only weight is 5 lbs or 5lbs 7oz depending on action length. If someone is locked into a carbon barrel for weight reduction or heat transfer advantages then yeah, the Barrett Fieldcraft would not be suitable. For my money the Fieldcraft is the Best Buy for sure. BTW... I have 2, an 25-06 and 6.5 Creedmoor

I'm trying to compare apples to apples, as in carbon fiber barreled rifles.

If I were to compare something to the Fieldcraft it would be either the Howa Alpine or the Savage Ultralight Hunter, both of which are less than half the price of the Barrett.

Would you rather one of these than a Ridgeline. The Ridgeline is 1.5 lbs lighter. I know what I'd choose

Ridgelines are also excellent rifles and priced great, still probably $300-400 more than the Howa. But, they do come with a muzzle brake and are lighter. In regards to the Ridgeline tho, I would spend a couple hundred more again and get the Traverse.

Was the Timmey trigger to install on the Vanguard series 1 and were you able to adjust it to 2.0 lbs or so? Thanks I meant difficult to install.
Timney's are extremely easy to install on the vanguard (and Mark V too, I think, but haven't done it). Unlike a Remington 700, the trigger on the vanguard is held on by a single screw, takes almost no time at all, and you can leave your brass mallet and punches in the tool box.

I'm trying to compare apples to apples, as in carbon fiber barreled rifles.

If I were to compare something to the Fieldcraft it would be either the Howa Alpine or the Savage Ultralight Hunter, both of which are less than half the price of the Barrett.
The Barrett Fieldcraft is the former Forbes Rifle Company based on Melvin Forbes rifles of NULA. I would respectfully disagree that it's compares to Howa or Savage. Now if your comparing cost as the deciding factor, I would agree with you 100%. The Kevlar/ Fiber wrapped stocks on the Fieldcraft are vastly superior to either the Howa or Savage. I paid $1200 each for my Fieldcraft. Twice the cost of the Howa or Savage. In my honest opinion the Fieldcraft is twice the quality of either the Howa or Savage.

Very easy. I left it factory adjusted to about 3lb. It was my first good trigger sonit felt great. After I did another timney in my Savage at about 2lb it felt heavy. I will adjust it when I rebuild it.

The only thing I read bad was you may possibly have to file the stock a little for the safety arm. Mine was fine.

I just saw this today as well and am looking forward to getting my hands on it and learning more. Every Weatherby Vanguard (built by Howa) I have shot has impressed me. Expecting that Weatherby will likely introduce something similar in the vanguard line in the future (late 2020 or shot show 2021) since the new Mark V appears to be their focus right now, and rightfully so.
I don't know where the vanguards were made b/4 Weatherbys move to Wyoming but I had a chance to tour the new Weatherby factory in Sheridan and Vanguards are now produced in house.

I don't know where the vanguards were made b/4 Weatherbys move to Wyoming but I had a chance to tour the new Weatherby factory in Sheridan and Vanguards are now produced in house.
I believe that they are assembled in Wyoming, but the barreled action is still made in Japan as it always has been.
In fact, it now says so with a stamp on the side of the action.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.