New Gun Time.... 6mm ARC

I purposely gii ok t the thin barrel cut it down to 16 and had twisted flute the crap out of it and the bolt.
Shoots great for some decently long strings

Brown truck delivered my 20MOA Rail and 30mm Rings.... I like her curves! Can't wait to experience her!

Z4dyvjz.jpg

I purposely gii ok t the thin barrel cut it down to 16 and had twisted flute the crap out of it and the bolt.
Shoots great for some decently long strings

I understand wanting a "handy" little gun, but I want to shoot this gal long range, so I need to keep the 22" barrel.

I really like my Howa 1500 Mini 7.62x39 in a 20"'er.

I understand wanting a "handy" little gun, but I want to shoot this gal long range, so I need to keep the 22" barrel.

I really like my Howa 1500 Mini 7.62x39 in a 20"'er.

A CZ 527 varmint is a very "handy" little gun but my AR's with 16" barrels and collapsible stocks are even handier. 😁

I have the CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel & Just re-barreled another CZ 527 in 6mm ARC late last summer. Really liked both. Suspect if the 6mm ARC had came out prior to 6.5mm Grendel I would have never done the 6.5 Grendel. Honestly a lot to like with either chambering. Simply prefer the bullet choices for the 6mm ARC. 108 grain Elite Hunter did more than fine on a 254 yard shot on a very mature midwest 160 class White tail deer.

Either will do fine though I do notice & appreciate the lesser recoil in the 6mm ARC. simply sweet!

IMG 3869

Last edited:
I have the CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel & Just re-barreled another CZ 527 in 6mm ARC late last summer. Really liked both. Suspect if the 6mm ARC had came out prior to 6.5mm Grendel I would have never done the 6.5 Grendel. Honestly a lot to like with either chambering. Simply prefer the bullet choices for the 6mm ARC. 108 grain Elite Hunter did more than fine on a 254 yard shot on a very mature midwest 160 class White tail deer.

Either will do fine though I do notice & appreciate the lesser recoil in the 6mm ARC. simply sweet!

IMG 3869
Really nice Harvest!!
I always said that those 6MMs are great for Deer. One of our favorite Deer rifles is a .243win. Currently building several 6MMBRs.
Love the .260rem and the 6.5X284
Thanks for the picture!!!

I have been jumping back and forth on the Grendel vs Arc issue as well. Pretty much decided the Grendel will do everything I want in a AR platform which will probably be bought next month. Still flipping around on a heavier barrel in the 26" minimum range for one of my bolt guns as I do have a 243AI sporter barrel, reamer and dies and tons of brass but the 6ARC keeps calling me simply because of the low recoil and long range capabilities.

I hope you keep us informed of how your Howa shoots.