New Garmin vs Magneto

Good information.
I have the Magnetospeed but is something of a pain when working with a rifle that has a large muzzle break.
What is the price tag on the Garmin. I would be nice not having it attached to the barrel.
Thanks for the info guys

600.00 anywhere you look and probably a wait. I waited 3 1/2 months on one

Did you see Orkans video? For me, Magnetospeed was never in the race, but Garmin was better than at:
1) measuring high velocities
2) Time from shot to displaying measurements
3) size & weight
4) self contained battery, if i remember right.

None of those are grieving me to race out and get something now. If I do, it will be a Garmin.

Garmin is a larger company. I can see them dropping price to push out competition.

Caldwell looks interesting, but their products are usually good, but not great, IME.

The lanes are about 6 to 8 feet apart, kind of close, it is an indoor range.

The Garmin is suppose to very good at "tuning out" interference from not only other rifles but other Garmin units as well. Haven't had much time or weather to verify just how good yet.

Do you remember the name of the company that made that system?

That looks pretty good

Garmin is the bomb. You could strap it to a rail and take it hunting. Plus it has a 6 hour battery life. Downloading data is much better than LR. Very lightweight, and start up haptics is a breeze.
I do think it could be used very easily in the field if it has god battery life. I have a picatinny rail section on one of my Spur mounts that would work for that. Although people think I have too much on my rifle already.....
20210606_162657.jpg

I love how some people say no poi change on your gun with a magneto. Yeah right, maybe and this is a maybe, it could be possible if it's not mounted on your barrel. But if it is mounted on your barrel, your poi will not be the same and neither will the group. I had one for years and it was a pain in the ***. Constantly tightening it back down, doesn't always give a read out, connection issues between the unit and the bayonet, and again had to use it knowing poi would be different. On to garmin, see ya magneto.

I read some reviews,I think Rockslide,I read so many but the Wiser Precision looks like it may be the best.
Some negative remarks include,On a large caliber with a long barrel the shaft/tube shook at the shot.He had to wait a spell for the amplitude to decease so another shot could be taken.
I am beginning to think the Garmin is the way out of that.

I have the wiser mount. It works but is a bit of a pain to set up. I already had the investment in the magnetospeed and at the time LR were fairly new and expensive. The garmin wasn't even around yet. It the time I couldn't justify selling the magnetospeed at a loss and then spending a bunch of $$ on a LR for as little load development as I do. It works good for me and what i do. A Garmin or LR would betv
better if I had more than two rifles and did testing simultaneously.

20220813_155003.jpg

I've had them all, sold my magneto long ago. Got rid the labradar as soon as the first batch of Xeros shipped to try still get some value out of it. My xero has never missed a shot in last 3-4 months of using it. The new labradar? Too late is my thoughts. Obviously they were sitting on this, or heard about the garmin last spring and rushed to compete. Well aiming the unit will still be a pain, and their app interface is garbage. So long labradar........garmin has been listening to their customers and is adding features and updates within their firmware already. Labradar customer service was almost impossible to get hold of.
Similar thoughts…. i think we all made LabRadar work to its best capability with triggers and iPads and endless software stupidity. As I got the load data I needed, I always was saying under my breath, "if there was anything even close to better than LabRadar, I'd switch over". After the frustration of using software that was so bad it was impossible for me to think the creator had ever used the product, I'm done. LabRadar could make a product that worked perfect every time and linked to my reloading scale to make perfect ammo, was as small as a dime and cost $1.00 and I wouldn't buy it. Can't wait to try the Xero!