New from Savage

bailey1474

<strong>SPONSOR</strong>
I have been working on our Savage order for the upcoming year and thought I might as well fill you guys in on some new stuff from Savage.

They will offer both their 12 Long Range Precision Varminter and the 12 Varminter Low Profile in a 223 Rem 1-7" twist and a 22-250 1-9" twist. While they would have been better off making a 1-8" 243 at least they are trying!!!

They are also offering a couple of 30" bbl guns designed for f-class competition. One in 308 (??) and another in 6.5-284. Again, I'll say they would have been better off offering a 1-8" twist 6mm of some sort over the 308 but at least they are trying!!

They are also going to offer they target actions complete w/accutrigger. These are single shot actions like is on the 12 LRPV. It will be offered in RBRP and RBLP SA only. Retail should be somewhere between $380-$400.

All of the above will also have the new target trigger which is supposed to adjust down to about 8 oz.

Just thought some of you guys might like to know.

[ QUOTE ]
.....and a 22-250 1-9" twist.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Put me first in line for one of these as a take off barrel. Would work great for another Striker project!!

can't wait to get some of those rblp actions. I just got the all the tools to true savage actions and ream the bolt race to accept ptg spiral fluted bolts. I like the accu triggers. I have gotten some of the older ones very light. With just polishing the trigger. Thanks for the heads up

[ QUOTE ]
Bill, the reason they went with the .308 is that the very popular F/TR class specifies .308 or .223 only.

[/ QUOTE ]

That makes sense. Still, I can't believe that they didn't do a faster twist 6mm in something. Maybe next year.

[ QUOTE ]
can't wait to get some of those rblp actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm ordering 2 of each. If you want one, give me a shout. If they turn out to be movers, I can order more throughout the year.

[ QUOTE ]
When will these be available?

AG

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I have no idea. Our ship date on all of the cf rifles will 1-15-07. Now that just means that we gave them the ok to ship immediatly. It doesn't mean they will. Worst case scenerio I think all the new stuff should be instock by midyear. Hopefully sooner though!!!

They are also adding a thumbhole stock to there 10ml smokeless muzzleloaders. I guess they will add the thumbhole to centerfires. (If they don't already)

Thanks for the info BB!

Gator you're right! The 6.5x284 will probably fly out of the stores. I want one!

AG

If everything comes together. And that means that Quantico Shooting Club starts a F-class competition and that they shoot at 1000 yds not the short range version, and that they accept my membership application. Then I am going to get a Savage for that. I mainly just need a place to practive long range shooting in the wind and a competition schedule will get me out and shooting more regularly than I normally go.

P.S.

Would you happen to have a pciture of the F-class gun that you can post.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.