New Savage Question

drsandman

I recently picked up a brand new Savage 10FP in 308. It has the standard 10fp matte textured coating on it. What surprised me was the inside of the barrel was black. I figured at first it was just a rust preventative coating/lube but when I started cleaning it I was surprised to find it very hard to remove. I am wondering if it was overspray from the matte texture coating or if it was just a really thick protective coat? I know the gun was brand new as I watched the box seal break myself. Does anyone have any experience with this? I did get the gunk cleaned out and the gun shoots great.

It is just probably were they test fired it at the factory to make sure everything functioned properly, every new gun I have ever bought had been fired previously. As for it being hard to clean that IMHO is just how savage barrels are they shoot great but are hard to clean.

Hope that helped
Nathan

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts