New father dilemma?

Lrreloader

Long story short is for my first born daughter I tracked down a n.i.b cz 452 scout from all the way across the country, I have since then bought a 455 scout as a replacement while my junker CA Ranger goes back in for repair, because it was already threaded amd wanted to leave the 452 intact. So the dilemma lies in the decision to give newly born daughter a used 455 and have father build each of them a custom hunting rifle while he is still making them or try to track down another n.i.b cz so they both have a new .22 lr? Thoughs or just do all of the above

I bought the Chipmunk Barracuda
thumbhole stock 22 and 17 single shots(Leupold scopes)for my son when he was three..got him shooting at 5....
Had him shooting a hanging tuna fish can at 50yds..figures 4" can..easy enuf..he was hitting it practically every shot..then the wind starting turning the can..was saying "wait for the can"..bang.."to turn"...and he shot it thru the side of the can......
I shut up and let him shoot...at 9 I got him shooting 28ga shotgun...once he figured it out...he was deadly to clay pigeons......
Some out to 50+ yards.....
Patience....and practice....
Practice....and patience....
And a lot of 22 rounds...
I reloaded lots of 28ga.....

Also next dilemma is what caliber for rifles? .243, .308. 7mm-08, fancy 6 dasher. Started wife on
243, next is 6.5 creedmoor "insert fan boy comment now" I have a kimber .308 but not their own. I have plenty for them to try but want a legacy gun!

I used to build the keystone firearms crickett .22 for a few years when I was younger I have a few of those

My vote....all of the above.
So another cz 452, because of their reputation and two customers rifles, did manner quit making those compact stocks with the adjustable length of pull? I know boyds makes the at one but thinking weight concerns for youth. Also better order two more suppressors for hearing safety of course.... so much for early retirement for this dad!

Not to be a party pooper or anything but you might want to wait to find out if she is right or left handed. My daughter is a lefty. No one else on either side of the family is left handed. Just something to think about.
That's is actually a great idea never thought of that

The one thing I regretted not doing when my daughter was born was not getting her a lifetime sportsman license. At one point, you could get them for $200 for a child under 2 yrs old.

Not to be a party pooper or anything but you might want to wait to find out if she is right or left handed. My daughter is a lefty. No one else on either side of the family is left handed. Just something to think about.
My oldest is a lefty and I got her started with a S&W 15-22 w/ambi kit. Then she got used to AR's! So.... I had to pick her up a Savage compact model 11 in .243, left hand of course. ;).

With a lefty, it's harder for me to buy rifles for "the daughter" and use them for me! 🤣

Check eye dominance for the rifles... to me that's more important than hand.

As for the question... I think I follow, but just to be sure.

You have 2 daughters? The first got a new 452 Scout... the second - you are thinking of giving your used 455 scout to... is that right?

Why not source a new 457 scout?

Or just a 457 and drop it in a chassis... the XLR chassis go way down in LOP

I was really hoping my son would be left eye dominant like me, so that we could share rifles... now I just end up buying 2 of everything.

Yes I have an new 452 scout for one I want to get another one for my newest daughter they are getting harder to find. But I did not even think about left or right handed.

As far as rifles I decided on a switch barrel set up once I know what side the bolt needs to be on