New bullet maker that looks interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
But were you talking .010" jackets at the base, the mouth, or .010" straight wall?

The straight wall may be a little thicker at base, don't have equip to check it, plus they work. As I said I have heavy base jackets as well.

have we gotten any closer to the goal for any of the new projectiles?

Yes 7mm dies are on the way should be here Tues or Wends, will have to wait for one other die & punch that was not in stock. But still can make VLD hollow points thou, .375 & 338 are on order. AL

Just received die sets for 7 MM projectiles can make HP and lead tip bullets now at your choice of weights. The steel tip dies are about 30 days out they will make a great VLD get you into the next Zip Code.

What bullets have you tested with this jacket thickness and at what velocity? I can't even imagine one of those holding up in ANYTHING that I shoot! I'm assuming it is 95/5 alloy or similar?.......Rich

This is where I separate myself from many. No longer will I purchase bullets to "see" if they will work. Been there, done that and got holes in the tee shirt.

I shoot top quality rifles each with a finite barrel life. Barrel life has value, my time and components have value.

The goal of each shot is taken with the intent of improving the odds of taking game. I'll "test" my own creations for effectiveness once in a while but "professionals" has best come prepared to play. Not speculate/hope their offering will work.

I haven't had anyone come up with a projectile that will stand up to good hard shooting in a 3 groove 8-twist barrel or perform properly in 338 cal.

Just sayin'

The straight wall may be a little thicker at base, don't have equip to check it, plus they work. As I said I have heavy base jackets as well.

Don't mean to sound sarcastic, but how do you get a "straight wall" with a "thicker" base?

Don't mean to sound sarcastic, but how do you get a "straight wall" with a "thicker" base?
Rich: What I said is I have several types of jackets #1 Straight wall jackets #2 Tapered Heavy base jackets some Sierra some J4's Bergers.

Rich: What I said is I have several types of jackets #1 Straight wall jackets #2 Tapered Heavy base jackets some Sierra some J4's Bergers.

That would make sense, but what you said was "I have straight walls that may be thicker at the base"! You guys are making me nervous!

This is where I separate myself from many. No longer will I purchase bullets to "see" if they will work. Been there, done that and got holes in the tee shirt.

I shoot top quality rifles each with a finite barrel life. Barrel life has value, my time and components have value.

The goal of each shot is taken with the intent of improving the odds of taking game. I'll "test" my own creations for effectiveness once in a while but "professionals" has best come prepared to play. Not speculate/hope their offering will work.

I haven't had anyone come up with a projectile that will stand up to good hard shooting in a 3 groove 8-twist barrel or perform properly in 338 cal.

Just sayin'

Hey roy why not tell them what you want in a bullet or make some suggestions as to what is necessary to survive the launch of your cartridge so the rest of us can benefit from the experience you have. The guys making the bullets included.

Just sayin'

Roy We have a set of 338 dies VLD Ballistic Tip on order now we will have a projo that will work in the big Mags I will send you some to try when they get here. I am old & forgetfull you may have to remind me. AL

Just sayin'

I have a guy in Blackfoot ID shooting my .264 in a .264 Win Mag at great speeds he loves them & shoots them hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts