New Build 6.5-284 Norma

Jeffrthehunter

Hunting season is over and time to start new build (my 2nd ). I was hoping some more experienced builders could look at my component list and make sure I am not missing something. I am wanting a 8-9 lb hunting rifle (Deer, Antelope, Black bear) that can shoot 140 pills out to 800 yards. Hopefully get close to 3000 fps and hold 1/2 moa.
Thanks in advance!
Action: Defiance Rebel, long Action, integral recoil lug, setup with 8-40 threads and pin hole for Talley rings.
Barrel: Proof Research, Carbon, 26", 1:8 twist, Sendaro Light contour, 5/8" thread for muzzle break (not sure on muzzle brake, probably APA)
Stock: McMillan Game Hunter
Trigger: Timney 510 (already have this trigger, if not I would probably go with Trigger Tech)
Bottom Metal: Need help with this one. Last build I went with removable mag and now I want to go with hinged floor plate, any thoughts on brand?
Scope: Leupold VX5 3-15, Talley 20 moa rings

Nice parts list. I've used Hawkins bdl bottom metal on a couple of builds and really like it. That said, I've not had any problems with Remington or PTG.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.