New binoculars

jaybic

Hello all,

I am in the market for some new 10x50 or 12x50 binos for riding around on the dash of the truck while in North Dakota and Montana...I would like to spend 500.00 or so but may spend a bit more if I need to...Primary use is coyote hunting, spotting...

So far I am looking at a pair of Vortex viper HDs but I am not brand loyal....I have had Leupold wind rivers in a 10x50 and they served me well but my buddy lost them and I fugure that if I have to replace them, why not step up to something nicer. I use Nightforce glass on my rifles so I am not a stranger to spending money on glass and i have an idea what I like but just want to get some opinions from others before I go lay down my cash.

Thanks for your time and insight and have a great day!!!

Jamie

I have Alpen Teton 10X50s. I have compared them with others in the field and have not found some that show me the same detail. I am delighted with them.

Alpens are nice but I loathed the eye cup which is why I prefer vortex. They just fit my beady lil eyes.

I avoided the vipers due mostly to their FOV. I had the diamondbacks which were just fine for my needs but I wanted more and finally caught a pair of Razors on ebay for 850. Given their warranty it would be hard for me to invest in anything else.

The Swarovski 12X50 EL are great but for the $$ Value I would get the Vortex Kaibob's 20X56 which can hang with the Swaro's and yes I have both.

I am pretty partial to Leica's HD-B's
They may not be the best but the best must get up early to beat them
Next I'd probably choose Swarovski EL
Bought my son a pair of vortex's and likes them a lot

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.