New Swaro EL rangfinding binoculars

There is an article on Accurate Shooter (link below) that says they will be $3,100.00 +/- MSRP and probably about $2,800.00 +/- street price.
I went to the Swaro website and there is NO MENTION of the beam size/divergence and the reticle is the standard big red circle, so I do not expect this to any better than their 8X30 LRF as far as ranging capabilities.
But who knows until it gets into peoples hands and is tested in the real world.

Dave

Swarovski Introduces New 'EL Range' Laser-Equipped Binoculars « Daily Bulletin

Has anyone gotten any info on how the Swaro-Aim technology works since there many different caliber and bullet weight combos and what data (if any) that you can input. What is the degree of accuracy for slower bullets vs faster bullets? Sounds good, but it would be great to have the details on how it works.

one would have thought they would have these out in july before hunting season started. I too am waiting to see how they do. I also want to hold some in my hand to see how they feel. your trading the open bridge at the top for lumps on the bottom.

I have a pair arriving for review in a week. What I've been able to find out from Swarovski is the beam divergence is 1.5x.5 meters, so slightly better than the Zeiss RF's 1.6x.5 meters, and significantly better than the Leica Geovid's. They also have no display limiter like the Leica and Zeiss that won't display ranges beyond 1430 yards and 1700 odd yards respectively, even if they actually get readings beyond that. I've also heard the EL Range achieves ranges of over 2000 yards, but until I test them myself, I wouldn't bank on that. The beam divergence means they should be as good as the Zeiss which means they should do 2000 yards plus in good conditions. The light transmission figures quoted for the Swaro at 91% are significantly better than the Leica's 77 and 79%, and Zeiss' 74 and 85%, so I'm looking forward to seeing just how good they really are!
Greg

If they exceed the 8x30 Swaro mono they will be something else!!
Mine have ranged a rock on a NZ hillside at twilight at 1847yds;1846yds and 1847 yds.
Thought that was excellent considering the factory claim.
I was unaware that teh others limit the readouts??? Why would you do that??
APB

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.