New big boomer :)

midwesthunter

Well I was looking to get started on a semi custom 300 RUM build. I went to the local gun shop to order my action when an old timer over heard me and said he had something better. He only lived a couple blocks away so I followed him to his house cause he wouldn't tell me. Long story short I got 2 Rem 8mm Mag's for $200 bucks. Yes I said 2 and one was brand new still in the box. The other needs rebarreled bore is pitted. Even gave original wood stock that came with the one. So now I have another great action for another build. Can anyone give me some ballistics for some handloads, I see what factory ammo can do but hear way better from what I found on the web.

Wow, that guy must be figuring in about circa 1950 dollars.
Depending on barrel length, you can run the 220 gr Sierra SBT at 2900-3000 fps and you should get a solid 3000 fps with the 200 gr Nosler Partition. The partition is the tougher bullet but the 220 Sierra has the best BC of any 8mm mass produced bullet. When I finally get some time I'm going to load up some 220's and some IMR 7828. Good luck with yours and great buy!

ok ya thought i'd ask. Thats what i'm trying to do too, find an inexpensive way to get me a 7 STW. thank

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts