338 Big Baer, new addition to the gang.

My moto, " No sense in shooting an ugly gun"

I like that motto!

I'll try to answer a few questions..

Jim gave me the green light on most of this project. I have a few nice pieces of wood that somehow slipped through the cracks and made it past the mill and ended up in my hands. It sure helps to have good contacts...:)They should have been in the veneer plant...
I applied a custom blend of oil, and top coated it with a light satin finish. Easily repairable if it gets scratched in the field.

I do not pass out complements very often but that one has me speechless--------I see one VERY VERY similar to that one except a Macassar Ebony stock. Have the blank already!!!

Joel, i didn't think two guys that are as ugly as you and Bruce, could make something so pretty! OK, i have seen a pile of "pretty" in that shop. guns that is...

Thanks to everyone for all the compliments on the rifle.
338 Big Baer will shoot the 300gr SMK at 3200fps.

Trueblue, that is an absolutely gorgeous rifle. I'm looking forward to hearing a range report!

Awsome!! Beautiful!!! Freaking Sweet!!!

Give me a few more minutes and I'm sure I can find some more words to descibe that fine piece of craftsmanship.

Congratulations looks like that thing is ganna be a lot of fun.

WOW!!! I MEAN HOLY S--- WOW!!
I am not much for wood on LRH rigs but that is the most beautiful stock I have ever seen. I am in LOVE!!!! Are you going to bring it to Wyoming this fall ? I must see it!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!:):):)gun)gun)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts