NEW Berger 7mm 140 gr VLD needs tested

The Berger 338 cals are an important project that is worked on daily. We have to assemble another machine to make these bullets. Also, we are making everything larger (stronger) so our standard tooling for the rest of the calibers doesn't work. We are scheduled to complete the 338 caliber this year and are doing everything we can to make that sooner than later. Check back in September for an update on our progress.

The length of the 7mm 140 gr VLD is 1.270 (roughly) and the calculated BC is .509.

I appreciate everyone who has volunteered for this important test. The response has been tremendous. At this point we have more testers than bullets so we must close the process.

We will go through the emails that were received and select those who will be shipped a box to test. The selection process is based on finding a thorough mix so that these bullets are tested under in a variety of combinations and distances.

Those who are selected will receive an email from Michelle by Wednesday June 25th.

Regards,
Eric

Just received my response from Michelle. My test bullets will be send out shortly. I can not wait to try these buggers out!

Thank you Bergers!!!

Rocky

Bullets arrived

They came in today, Loaded up 25 for Sat morn. Anyone else testing them in a 7mm Weatherby Mag??

Only bad thing so far is not bullet related. The 140 gr being shorter and VLD profile, I am WAY off the lands thanks to the very generous Weatherby chamber/throat design.

Rocky

7mmWSM??

Who's trying them in a 7mmWSM??? I have a 1-9 twist and would like to see how they fare in a quicker twist??? The 180's ROCK at the lands!!

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0036.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.