Berger 140 vld

Does anyone have any load data using Berger 140 gr. vld with Retumbo powder in 7mm Rem Mag.

I don't know what your applications are with this rifle but just a friendly suggestion, 140s are a little light for a 7mm Remington Mag. Don't want you to get unsatisfactory results or not to get your best potential or best performance.

I have none with Retumbo, however use the Nosler #7 data with Imr 4350, shoots sub 1/2 minute at 100 for me in a new Remington 783. Good luck

+1 on the imr 4350. My dad shoots 140's out of his 7mm rem mag and gets excellent results. Also, 140's aren't "too light" for the 7mmRM. THats all my dad shoots out of his and he has shot his for 20 years without any problems. My grandpa has shot with 140s for even longer than that.

+1 on the imr 4350. My dad shoots 140's out of his 7mm rem mag and gets excellent results. Also, 140's aren't "too light" for the 7mmRM. THats all my dad shoots out of his and he has shot his for 20 years without any problems. My grandpa has shot with 140s for even longer than that.

Never have shot them on game in the 7 mag, do have some experience with them in an 7 STW, going too fast in my opinion at 3300 FPS. Should work well around the 3100 mark I am told.

I just like the heavier 160-168s in the big 7mm's. I like the higher BCs of the heavier slugs.

Never have shot them on game in the 7 mag, do have some experience with them in an 7 STW, going too fast in my opinion at 3300 FPS. Should work well around the 3100 mark I am told.

yep they do. My dad shot a 850 lb bull moose with his 7mmRM with a 140 and the bull crumbled right there. Ive seen what the 140's do to lots of things and let me tell you..... Whatever gets hit by it is having a very bad day. Total devastation on deer and bear sized game. Ive seen many holes left by the 140's and many of them i could fit my fist through.

yep they do. My dad shot a 850 lb bull moose with his 7mmRM with a 140 and the bull crumbled right there. Ive seen what the 140's do to lots of things and let me tell you..... Whatever gets hit by it is having a very bad day. Total devastation on deer and bear sized game. Ive seen many holes left by the 140's and many of them i could fit my fist through.

They may be just the ticket on heavier framed animals, shot a little coues whitetail here in so. AZ that didn't go as planned. Back rib quartering away shot at 512yds. Lets just say that didn't really need a knife for gutting. Like I mentioned before may have been driving the pill too fast out of an STW.

yea the 140s are probably a little light for the STW. Whats the barrel life on one of those? Because im very interested in a STW for my next rifle.

Have one from the late 90's Winchester 70 classic hunter bone stock. have near 1000 down the tube and she still shoots sub MOA. Rebarreled a wore out 700 7 mag this last fall with a take SPS barrel I picked up for $78 on gun broker, she shoots .2 @ 100 with less than 100 down range.

Until this last year all shot through the Winchester 70 were loaded off of original data from the 90's, considerably more powder than is currently listed as maximum. Have not scoped the barrel but accuracy has been consistent for 15 + years with the light sporter barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.