New Barrel Vise, it’s been a slow day….

Rules violations :

1. Commercial user name

2. Self promotion of services
So if you built a gun, posted pics and a reply was "I want 1" the message boards would be empty........well almost! An open reply and possibly posted as a gif is a bad thing! Hopefully you are kidding!

What material are you making your bushings out of? One more question, are you turning them to diameter then cutting them? Thanks.

So if you built a gun, posted pics and a reply was "I want 1" the message boards would be empty........well almost! An open reply and possibly posted as a gif is a bad thing! Hopefully you are kidding!
Dont think he is, He posted a similiar response in the Midwest section where someone was looking for a gunsmith and I said that I was one. Not trying to rock the boat, just not truly understanding what goes here and what doesnt. I have no problem changing my username, just need to know how.

What material are you making your bushings out of? One more question, are you turning them to diameter then cutting them? Thanks.

Turning to diameter. Bushings are 6061 as well, they are made on a CNC turning center.

Nice work & awesome skill to have. I just ordered 2 more bushings for my Brownell's vise. They are split in half. 2 complete pieces. It's easy with straight shank barrels. My challenges are with the tapered CF barrels. I don't look forward with building a custom bushing using steel putty per Brownell's advice.

Dont think he is, He posted a similiar response in the Midwest section where someone was looking for a gunsmith and I said that I was one. Not trying to rock the boat, just not truly understanding what goes here and what doesnt. I have no problem changing my username, just need to know how.

Turning to diameter. Bushings are 6061 as well, they are made on a CNC turning center.
When you go into your account settings you can change your name there, but changes after approval (1 or 2 days).

Very nice and a DIY job to boot. Most barrel vices I've seen don't run "several hundred dollars" though. Most are sub $100 or a little over. I use a Viper and it's served me well for numerous years and I've never marked or scratched a barrel.

Ones of this caliber are in the $300+ range, so you are correct, not several hundred. Short action customs make one similiar for $175 and is really nice vise, highly recommend, just doesnt take all the same approaches I did when I made this. I actually have their Modual barrel vise and I love it, just needed another and didnt want to spend the money on it, was able to make this with stuff I had laying around. Viper is great for a DIY on a barrel thats not super stuck, but ive had several Tikka's, Brownings, and Remingtons that the viper would not have had a chance against.

I'm surprised he hasn't sent you a private message. What he is probably referring to if you're a business and you're making things and selling them on here or promoting your business I believe they want you to be a sponsor.
I had zero intention of selling these, just posted it as a fun project. People inquired if they could purchase. Guess that is on the wrong side of the thin grey line.

Nice work & awesome skill to have. I just ordered 2 more bushings for my Brownell's vise. They are split in half. 2 complete pieces. It's easy with straight shank barrels. My challenges are with the tapered CF barrels. I don't look forward with building a custom bushing using steel putty per Brownell's advice.

If the shank is tapered, the steel putty isnt a horrible idea. The carbon barrels I use have a straight shank so its a non issue.