New at loading -- question about scales

the beast

I'm new at loading and was wondering what are the best scales for loading. Into accuracy rather than speed.

Thanks,

Beast, the RCBS 10-10 has always been very accurate for the 12 years I've used it. I throw a load and finish on the 10-10 scale with a trickler. I have had a couple of the electronic powder throwing systems, but I just don't trust them. The 10-10 is checked with precision weights periodically and is always correct. It's probably classified as picky, but I like all my loads consistent. I do use the electronic thrower for large quantities of AR 15 ammo. This topic has been hashed over again and again. I'm sure you will hear of a good number of other favorites. Be happy with your choice.

RCBS 10-10 gets my vote too. I bought a Lyman D-5 in 1966 or 67 when I started buying my own reloading equipment. About 20 years ago I bought a set of RCBS 10-10 which have become my favorite with the leveling knob up on top where it is easy to level. Both sets has built by OHAUS on the boxes. OHAUS I believe had the patent on the copper bar inside a magnet horse shoe for smooth quick dampening of the beam. It sure was a great improvement. The Pacific scales I started with, I had to set and watch the beam bounce, up and down, up and down, and touch my finger to the top of the beam to slow it down. Add a little powder and it started all over.

I used a RCBS 505 for about 29 years then came upon a 10-10 used for very inexpensive and both work very well.

I like the RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 scale dispenser combo. It's scale is also practical for general reloading use.
There are old ways and cutting edge ways, and neither are best for me. I like right in between.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.