New AR Build Caliber

Which caliber for a new AR Build to hunt and punch paper?

• 223 Wylde

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • 22 Nosler

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 6mm ARC

Votes: 34 63.0%
  • 6.8 SPC

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • 300 HAM'R

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
Except a new cartridge to reload, shoot and try for yourself. I suppose with the component shortage it gives you an alternative you MAY be able to find components for.
I don't own a 6mm cartridge but seems like lots of folks were looking for 6mm bullets for a while.

And I haven't looked into 6ARC brass, but I can't see the market being flooded with it. Is anyone other than Hornady even making brass for it?

I just don't see any advantage if you already have a 6.5 Grendel.

I don't own a 6mm cartridge but seems like lots of folks were looking for 6mm bullets for a while.

And I haven't looked into 6ARC brass, but I can't see the market being flooded with it. Is anyone other than Hornady even making brass for it?

Fair enough. I've got a 223 Wylde, 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel and 6.5 CM Stag 10. I really only need the 223 and 6.5 CM, but sometimes variety is the spice of life and having something to tinker with is the point! As I said in another thread, I'm currently downsizing my collection, but still enjoy buying/trying/building new rifles.

Just something different to do. My first build and I already have 3 x 5.56.

Well, I pretty much have everything on order except the gas block and tube. Went Aero Precision with all hard components - lower receiver, upper receiver, hand guard and buffer tube and spring. Went with a B5 Bravo stock as it is more flared for a good cheek weld and has a soft rubber butt pad (I always end up replacing the Magpul buttpad with a Limbsaver).

Waiting on a buddy to give me a report on the Aero Precision adjustable low profile gas block.

That's great! Exciting to make a decision and get things on order.

I have a superlative arms adjustable gas block and am really happy with it.

That's great! Exciting to make a decision and get things on order.

I have a superlative arms adjustable gas block and am really happy with it.
Hey, thanks for the input on that. Nice if for some reason the build is over or under gassed. Also, one of these days, I will be getting a suppressor. So, having that adjustability would be great.

Well, I pretty much have everything on order except the gas block and tube. Went Aero Precision with all hard components - lower receiver, upper receiver, hand guard and buffer tube and spring. Went with a B5 Bravo stock as it is more flared for a good cheek weld and has a soft rubber butt pad (I always end up replacing the Magpul buttpad with a Limbsaver).

Waiting on a buddy to give me a report on the Aero Precision adjustable low profile gas block.
Give report on the gb. I've heard/read that many have had issues with their adjustable blocks.

My gas block works just fine aero precision low profile as you said.

Yes I am also running the JP enterprise silent capture spring
image.jpg

Palmetto State low profile ajustable gas block is basically a copy of the JP @ half the cost...
Having the adjustment set screw forward facing is nice.
I have one on my 6 arc and 556..(both rifle length)
So far I'm happy with them

Palmetto State low profile ajustable gas block is basically a copy of the JP @ half the cost...
Having the adjustment set screw forward facing is nice.
I have one on my 6 arc and 556..(both rifle length)
So far I'm happy with them
I needed to have that information last night. Haha. I ordered an AP for about $60. They are hard to find right now.