New AR Build Caliber

Which caliber for a new AR Build to hunt and punch paper?

• 223 Wylde

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • 22 Nosler

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 6mm ARC

Votes: 34 63.0%
  • 6.8 SPC

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • 300 HAM'R

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
I looked those springs up. Pretty spendy. Can you tell me the benefit and how much of a difference it makes? Thanks. Trying to make this a premium build, but within cost constraints.
Very much quieter and smoother. My rifle just runs great. I never have problems cycling,I run suppressed always and it gets very dirty and I don't clean it all that often.

I looked those springs up. Pretty spendy. Can you tell me the benefit and how much of a difference it makes? Thanks. Trying to make this a premium build, but within cost constraints.
Very much quieter and smoother. My rifle just runs great. I never have problems cycling even suppressed and it gets very dirty and I don't clean it all that often. I run a heavier spring. I can't remember the description now it's the middle of the road not the heaviest not the lightest. I don't have problems being over gas with the adjustable gas block. It just works better.

The jp silent springs seems to run like an h1 or h2 with standard spring in it compared to a standard weight buffer and spring. I usually have to run more gas depending on cartridge and gas length. I'll use them with lighter bcg's. I haven't tried any for a b5 system and unsure if it'll work?

Yep, much quieter and smoother. OTOH, they're a nice to have, not a have to have. It's like the feel of an aftermarket trigger vs a milspec. It doesn't make any difference to the function however - AR's will run and shoot well with any number of buffer springs as you know.

Yep, much quieter and smoother. OTOH, they're a nice to have, not a have to have. It's like the feel of an aftermarket trigger vs a milspec. It doesn't make any difference to the function however - AR's will run and shoot well with any number of buffer springs as you know.
IMO, I would argue that a good trigger makes a significant difference in ability to shoot a rifle accurately. Buffer system changes feel and can affect reliability, but has little to do with shootability...

IMO, I would argue that a good trigger makes a significant difference in ability to shoot a rifle accurately. Buffer system changes feel and can affect reliability, but has little to do with shootability...
I can see your point. But if a firearms "feels" better when firing that can improve performance or shootability..