New addition to family

Distributor

IMG_0665.jpg

Born 6/20/08 62 1/2" and 23lb 7 oz. No name as of yet.

338/408 Lawton 8000 and 40 moa base,36" Lilja,8.5x25 Leupold,Gene Davis optical booster,Jewel trigger,Russo stock.

I still need to apply finish to the stock, Install a lower set of rings,Highly polish the barrel and action.
I'll get some more pics when its all done.

Thanks has to go out to these guys...

Harry Suarez My smith, His work is second to none.
Barney Lawton for getting me a great action and on time.
Joel Russo For a great product that was modified to what I needed,And for helping with questons about this cartridge.

Eric

Very nice Eric..

I'm glad you're happy with the stock, it sure looks nice all put together.

Put some finish on that thing, go stretch it out and show us some range results.

That's way too much Horsepower to be sitting there idling.....:D

I wish I hadn't seen this post, now I'll be on the " I have to build myself one of those" kicks for a while. Awesome looking rifle. I've shot Joels .338-408 Chey-tec, I'm sure your going to love yours. Let us know how it does at some extended ranges.

Chey-Tacgroup.jpg

Here is one of the few groups I shot the other eve.(.242 ctc):D

I have a couple of days off for the holiday, Going to see if it will duplicate this group again, And to also see if we can bump up the speed and keep the tight groups.

Eric

Eric..

Not bad for a five shot group... but it looks like you pulled one and the other four missed the center circle. :rolleyes:

You need to get that ES down....

How 'bout it Roy.....

Finally got to shoot live targets(groundhogs),Been working way too many hours to do any shooting.
Had plenty of horsepower for the range I was shooting :D First kill was around 325 yds,Second was 387, Third was a 3 shot at 586yds.

Need to get some shots across my 35P since my comeup data isnt correct since I switched brass brands, I worked up a bunch of Bertram brass to try with my same load.The Bertram brass measures ALOT better when sorting by case wall thickness variation.

Eric

Joel

No I didn't, Had all my junk and was heading there when those three started to stick their tongues out and flipping me the tail :D

Eric

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.