New 7mm mag build

1969GTOnut

Ok guys I'm getting ready to start rebuilding my old 7mag and I need help deciding on a rifle builder. I've narrowed it down to two somewhat local gunsmiths for the action truing and barrel install. GAP in KC and Chris Mathews of Long shot rifles LLC in Urich, Mo. There's only $200 difference between them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

They are both very good smiths.
I would speak with each of them and see who is more responsive to your needs.
They both do great work, but sometimes it's the personal interaction and the fact that the smith actually listens and doesn't talk down to you, that really matters in the final selection process.

Talked to both GAP and Chris. That didn't help much. They both are super nice and knowledgeable people to talk with. I think I am going with GAP due to a shorter lead time and they're about $200 less. Now, to find the time to drop it off. Man I hate having to work for a living!

Dropped off my rifle Wednesday at GAP.

Now, to decide on which reticle for the NF scope. Trying to decide between the NP-R1 and NP-R2. Any one with experience with these two reticles?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.