New 7mm Rem Mag Custom Build

Jud96

I finally finished up my 7mm Rem Mag this evening just before deer season! This has been quite the project in the making, buts it's finally done. I originally sat out to build a 7PRC this time last year, but I had trouble finding brass and didn't feel like playing that game so I decided to just do a 7mm Rem Mag. I ordered up a reamer from Manson ground to my specs, x100 pieces of ADG brass, I have 5lbs of H1000, and I had x700 175gr Elite Hunters and about x400 Hottenstein 180gr Stingers on hand. We have been extremely busy at the shop, so I took awhile to make the action and get the bolt finished up. Between last weekend and this weekend, I chambered the barrel, threaded the muzzle and installed the brake, bedded the stock and got it all cleaned up, installed the trigger, and finally mounted the scope. With having said all of that, here it is! I'll be shooting it hopefully in the next week.

-Pierce Shadow LA Nitrided
-Lilja #5 26" 1-8T 3G w/ 8 spiral flutes
-McMillan Game Hunter carbon
tan w/ black and brown speckletone paint
-MBM 4 port Super Baby Beast brake
-Hawkins BDL w/ Wyatt box
-Bix N Andy Tac Sport 2 stage
-Hawkins rings
-Pierce 2 piece bases
-Nightforce NXS 3-15x50 MOAR
-7mm Rem Mag "Bauduin" 0.240FB for 175-180s
-stess free bedded with Devcon Aluminum
-9.35lbs scoped!
IMG_7929.jpeg
IMG_7927.jpeg
IMG_7928.jpeg
IMG_7912.jpeg
IMG_7922.jpeg
IMG_7932.jpeg
IMG_7925.jpeg

Last edited:
There are newer, faster, shorter, fatter and more efficient 7's but the Rem Mag will keep laying creatures flat until The End.
Large and Small alike.
For about 25 yrs I don't think I used anything for deer and pigs but a 7RM. This is the last time I remember putting it on paper, at 200yds.

Attachments

• IMG_2432.jpeg
    IMG_2432.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 30
I finally finished up my 7mm Rem Mag this evening just before deer season! This has been quite the project in the making, buts it's finally done. I originally sat out to build a 7PRC this time last year, but I had trouble finding brass and didn't feel like playing that game so I decided to just do a 7mm Rem Mag. I ordered up a reamer from Manson ground to my specs, x100 pieces of ADG brass, I have 5lbs of H1000, and I had x700 175gr Elite Hunters and about x400 Hottenstein 180gr Stingers on hand. We have been extremely busy at the shop, so I took awhile to make the action and get the bolt finished up. Between last weekend and this weekend, I chambered the barrel, threaded the muzzle and installed the brake, bedded the stock and got it all cleaned up, installed the trigger, and finally mounted the scope. With having said all of that, here it is! I'll be shooting it hopefully in the next week.

-Pierce Shadow LA Nitrided
-Lilja #5 26" 1-8T 3G w/ 8 spiral flutes
-McMillan Game Hunter carbon
tan w/ black and brown speckletone paint
-MBM 4 port Super Baby Beast brake
-Hawkins BDL w/ Wyatt box
-Bix N Andy Tac Sport 2 stage
-Hawkins rings
-Pierce 2 piece bases
-Nightforce NXS 3-15x50 MOAR
-7mm Rem Mag "Bauduin" 0.240FB for 175-180s
-stess free bedded with Devcon Aluminum
-9.35lbs scoped!View attachment 506136View attachment 506137View attachment 506138View attachment 506139View attachment 506142View attachment 506143View attachment 506148
How do you like Lilja barrels? I can't wait till my Lilja 6 dasher short throat gets reamed!!!!

How do you like Lilja barrels? I can't wait till my Lilja 6 dasher short throat gets reamed!!!!
This will be my 3rd one. I have one on a 243 Win .119FB that's a 1-8T 3G and it absolutely hammers 105-108gr bullets. I had one on a 6.5 Creedmoor that shot very very well. They seem to be "fast" barrels and I don't have any complaints so far. When I first started using them their prices were good and they had short lead times. In the past couple years their prices have gone up, as most have, and their lead times have doubled. We've used quite a bit of them at the shop on customers rifles and haven't heard any complaints. They have been consistently good for me and the shop.

very nice! When I turned 40 a couple of years ago I had my first custom built. I went round and round for months trying to decide on a cartridge. I knew it was going to be 7mm or .308; but which one???

In the end, my other fav rifle is a 7RM, already had bullets, powder, brass, dies, so i build another "Big 7", this time with an 8tw barrel (also a lilja) instead of the factory 9.25. I went with the game scout stock so ours look very similar. brass will be available forever, as will factory ammo. Yes there are newer fancier 7's, but it's hard to go wrong with an old classic. If i ever burn the throat out of mine I can always have it chambered to a 7stw and keep rolling! The beauty of going custom is the 8" barrel for the heavier hammers or whatever your flavor is.

Good shooting!