7mm Rem Mag Custom Build w/ Pics.

krummarine

1zyfomu.jpg

1z2gdab.jpg

vifhgh.jpg

The pics are of my 7mm build that took place this past weekend in NC. My good friend built it on Friday/Saturday and I was able to shoot it for some test groups that afternoon. Rem 700 action, Grayboe Stock, 8 twist Benchmark barrel. I was fortunate enough to watch him throughout the entire process. He also assisted me in initial load development. This gunsmith builds rifles for Navy SEALs, Police SWAT members, and old Jarheads like me. He does not advertise or have a website, nor does he have a sign outside his shop yet he is back logged with work for weeks to the degree that he asked me not to post his name or location. Last pic is of a group fired by me at 100 yds with a load of 60 gr of R22, and 183 grain Sierra BTM bullets. PM me with any questions you might have.

This "old jarhead" likes it too! I have a varmint contour barrel sitting in a corner waiting for some attention....what is the contour profile on yours?

I don't recall ever reading about a Benchmark barrel that would not shoot. The sporterized 6.5x55 Swede I bought from you years ago ended up with a friend of mine who had Score High in Albuquerque polish re-blue and re-barrel it in a 257 Roberts. He made a custom walnut stock for it . Ended up beautiful and it would shoot.

My gunsmith is retired Army and he has the same policy. All of his work is word of mouth and he doesn't like people giving out his name at the moment bc he's so backed logged. The majority of his work comes from contracts with the police departments in Georgia. I read your post and I was like maybe its the same smith!! lol

That's a very clean looking rifle! Great job!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts