New .338 Edge

signature542

Hi
I just picked up new custom .338 Edge.

Initial testing has it shooting 1/2 to 1 MOA at 300yards. The rifle has been handed over to me now for further load fine tuning.

Hopefully I can shoot as good as the gunsmith who built it!

First load with the 300gn Bergers shot a nice 1 inch gorup at 300 yards.

The rifle and pictures are posted under the Australian& N/Z area. under " I just ordered my " Edge"

Let me know what you think of it. There is a lot of metal from "Montana" on her.

* Just ordered a new Carbon APS wrapped .30 cal Benchmark barrel in a Sendero profile for my 2011 build. I have no idea yet what chambering or what action I will be using...:D

Herb you need the pics of the Pink rifle.

When it was getting close we had to change some of the barrel channel inleting so we had to repaint the stock so i had an idea of what i thought migh look god and also more importantly Herb might like and realy appreciate so Geoff and I threw some ideas around and if he would leave the colors up to me as i had a great idea i thought he would like. At the start the stock was going to be Tan and the barreled action OD with mabe some highlights bepending. So we sent the word through the grapevine that the rifle turned Pink. Topshot/Norm came up and saw the stock and some parts already started and he was swarn to secrecy and told to hang it on Herb because he was getting a pink edge built. So every time one of Herds so called friends emailed or called him they kept telling him ablot this pink rifle i actualy think Herb was starting to worry that i had actualy painted it pink in the end as we do have pink there as there is a shotgun that i have to make Pink shortly for a guys wife si it was a possibility.

In the end i realy think Herb is happy with the finished product we had the barrel and floor plate laser engraved over the GunKote after baking and it looks so sharp and cleal and also blends in witht he flat dark earth tones and highlites.

So Herb i am happy you like it and hope to see some one hole groups from at least 200 then tsart to work back from there once the loads are finalised and that monster stag will be in range now.

Happy Hunting Cheers Bill

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.