New 308 finally arrived

Vleder

Have posted a few times and finally my first "precision" arrived.
308 Win, Howa M1500 action and 24" heavy 1/12 twist barrel, custom aluminium stock with adj cheekpiece and buttstock, trigger shoe, Vanguard bipod and Falcon 5.5-25x50FFP scope.
Have not had a chance to shoot her, hopefully this weekend.
Hope this is a goog budget into to LRH.

Attachments

• IMAG0056small.jpg
    IMAG0056small.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMAG0058small.jpg
    IMAG0058small.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 56
WOW that is really different, using modern technology at it's fullest.

You don't have a lot of termites there do you :D just kidding.

What bullets are you going to use?
You will have to keep us posted how it shoots for you.
How much does it weigh?
Tarey

Tarey
Only those ones that ate through the front part of the alu stock, man should see those termites !:)
Just ordered some accubonds and custom comps, 150g and 155g respectively, see how they work.
I guess approx 5.5kg with bipod ? Is not that bad....been eyeing a similar stock that the gunsmith handbuilt for his 338 lapua, finally convinced him to make me one, bit smaller of course.
Very comfortable and good fit to body/hand position. No rust etc, has been etched and anodised.

That is pretty darn sweeeeeeet! I'm a .308 fan. I might suggest 168 NBT. They are supper accurate in my rifle. Also I will suggest using AR Comp powder by Alliant. It is proving to be very consistent. I am very pleased with it's performance. I want to hear a full report on the scope also. I think they are sweet, just never got one.

Tank

WOAH, how is that custom stock!

Great rifle indeed:)

Have posted a few times and finally my first "precision" arrived.
308 Win, Howa M1500 action and 24" heavy 1/12 twist barrel, custom aluminium stock with adj cheekpiece and buttstock, trigger shoe, Vanguard bipod and Falcon 5.5-25x50FFP scope.
Have not had a chance to shoot her, hopefully this weekend.
Hope this is a goog budget into to LRH.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.