New Boyds' Stock arrived (finally) and it's killer!

SaskShooter

Well, thanks to all who weighed in on my free-float problem on my .243. In the end I decided to bite the bullet and just buy a new stock rather than keep trying to reanimate the old synthetic. So, I got a Boyds' Varmint Thumbhole in Applejack Laminate color.

It took about two weeks to arrive, but at least it made it across the border!

I will be glass and pillar bedding it soon, but I couldn't resist just trying it out when it arrived. I just HAD to scratch my itchy trigger finger, so I zeroed in and headed out calling. Later that evening I got my first critter with the new stock- a fox at 225 yards. All I could see was his head, so that's where the bullet went!
(Yes, this is legal for me, because my family raises chickens and the foxes like to eat our chickens)

Attachments

• P1010164.jpg
    P1010164.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 86
Very nice rig! The gray in the stock and the s/s look awsome. The red sets if off. Is that a viper 6x20x44 a top it?

Gene

Nice stock Ive got the same one on my 280AI except mines just the walnut color and I love it. I will be getting another one for some future project.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.