The new long range rifle arrived.

Fitch, call me dumb but what is the straight line at the bottom of the half moon shape...isn't a crown round. Great pic just cant figure out what I'm looking at...like I said call me dumb.

Fitch, call me dumb but what is the straight line at the bottom of the half moon shape...isn't a crown round. Great pic just cant figure out what I'm looking at...like I said call me dumb.

It's a recessed target crown. What you are seeing beyond the edge of the bore is the rim of the recess which is sometimes in focus, sometimes not.

This isn't the same crown but it's the same type:

Recrowned2009-02-28RS.jpg

You can see how the borescope looking at the edge of the end of the bore is also looking at the rim on the crown.

Fitch

Fitch, i just noticed you live in Carlisle PA. Thats only a short drive from where im here in Greencastle, PA. So it looks like your comming right along with your gun. Thanks for keeping us updated. Looking forward to seeing how it shoots after all the work you have done to it.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.