New 22-250/ackley build

jaybic

Hello all,

Well, it is time for another build to begin as my Savage 16 in 22-250(my go-to non-windy day coyote rifle) has major throat erosion after about 2500 Nos Bal tips at max charges down the tube and accuracy is falling off.

My last build was a 243ai based off a Stiller Predator action and it turned out awesome(after being quite problematic to begin with but that is a whole different story) but I am not looking to go quite that fancy this time.

Does anyone have any experience with the fully printed 700 actions that can be purchased from PT and G? As I understand it, those folks do excellent work on 700 bolts but I am thinking about purchasing the entire Extreme PTG action kit with the bolt, action, shroud and firing pin that as I understand, is already completely trued, blueprinted and ready to go have a tube screwed on.

Anyone have any thoughts, ideas, suggestions or experience with these actions, I would love to hear it.

Thanks and have a great day!

Jamie

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.