new .17 wsm

midwesthunter

Just stumbled apon this new little rimfire round, and pre ordered a new savage B Mag rifle coming out this spring chambered in it. 20 grain bullets at 3000 fps sounds like fun to me. Specially since here in MI I can only use rim fire at night for yotes. Can wait to see the spin offs I'm betting a 20 wsm and 22 wsm will be in the works.

I bet a .22 WSM would be wicked!

That .17WSM is supposed to be a shooter, can't wait to hear real world ballistics and results.

midway has ammo on there site, as coming soon, the 20 grain vmax box of 50 $14.99. I will be looking for a upper in this loading as well I think

Is anyone going to produce mags? You'll probably have to have custom mags, or brand-specific mags.

Granted, I give it to you, it will be a badass caliber in an AR-style rifle.

I'm sure someone will, I imagine with the pressure its running at it will prob need a gas system in a AR, I think that why there was never a 22 mag or 17 hmr option, because not enough pressure for gas system, and to much for a strait back system. I know a couple were made but high dollar also. It would have to have a special mag as too long for the .22 LR and too short for the 223 mags.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.