New 300 WSM

Depends on a LOT of different things,
Bullet weight vs impact velocity
Bone vs soft tissue impact
Ect.

I personally prefer my bullets transfer all of its energy inside the animal, to me this equates to less tracking and more humane ( quick kill).
There has been pass throughs but those were on younger does inside 400 yards.
The consistency and precision accuracy and performance on game is why I hunt with Bergers.

What do you think of the 165 gr. Sierra Game King bullets at the ranges I would be shooting (50 to 6 maybe 700 yards.) out of the 300 wsm or maybe a 300 wm long action.

What do you think of the 165 gr. Sierra Game King bullets at the ranges I would be shooting (50 to 6 maybe 700 yards.) out of the 300 wsm or maybe a 300 wm long action.

I personally have only taken one Whitetail ever with a SGK.
That was 140gr in a 270 winchester a LONG time ago. 400 yards ,bang flop dead, but...
my experience is limited, maybe some othe guys will have more info. Do a Custom search in the upper hand corner of this page I bet there's a lot of info on there.

Leaving all of a bullets energy in an animal is one of those campfire legends that has no basis in physics. Bullets do not have knock down power. It simply does not exist. Bullets kill by tearing tissue and causing bleeding. If a bullet is able to damage the central nervous system that is what caused animals to fall on impact. If a bullet only penetrates 2" and stops all of that bullets energy will be left in the animal. You would literally be better off hitting that animal with a brick thrown by hand as far as energy hitting the animal.

So in short, a permanent wound channel entirely through an animal is the most consistent way to harvest game and differing impact velocities and ranges. It takes a bullet that deforms, retains enough weight to penetrate deep, and is stabilized properly to stay on track.

Steve

Leaving all of a bullets energy in an animal is one of those campfire legends that has no basis in physics. Bullets do not have knock down power. It simply does not exist. Bullets kill by tearing tissue and causing bleeding. If a bullet is able to damage the central nervous system that is what caused animals to fall on impact. If a bullet only penetrates 2" and stops all of that bullets energy will be left in the animal. You would literally be better off hitting that animal with a brick thrown by hand as far as energy hitting the animal.

So in short, a permanent wound channel entirely through an animal is the most consistent way to harvest game and differing impact velocities and ranges. It takes a bullet that deforms, retains enough weight to penetrate deep, and is stabilized properly to stay on track.

Steve
Negative soft point bullets way better than using your armor piercing bullets

Berger's way better destroys interior of animal, the solids act like armor if the peddles don't open, I shot a white tail with them at about 50 yards , penciled thru ran almost 150 yards before it fell, got blood after about 50 yards, hit one with Berger or sst dropped right there, maybe better on elk. Are you selling the hammer bullets, that's probably why you like them for each it's own. When I skinned the deer the whole shoulder, bloodshot, lungs liquified I guess I'd rather have a hole through the animal,right?

Berger's way better destroys interior of animal, the solids act like armor if the peddles don't open, I shot a white tail with them at about 50 yards , penciled thru ran almost 150 yards before it fell, got blood after about 50 yards, hit one with Berger or sst dropped right there, maybe better on elk. Are you selling the hammer bullets, that's probably why you like them for each it's own. When I skinned the deer the whole shoulder, bloodshot, lungs liquified I guess I'd rather have a hole through the animal,right?
You have used Hammers? If you had a bad experience, I would like to hear about what you were using and the situation. If there is a problem we need specific information so that we can fix it.

If you are not satisfied with our bullets we will give you your money back.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.