Need some opinion!!

Jon Jackoviak

Alright guys, I need your take on this one. We are in the process of producing our own line of scopes and I would like to get some feedback on how people would perceive this particular scope ine. Please be honest! Below are the features:

Sizes 1.5-6x42
2.5-10x50
3-12x50
3-12x56
4-16x50

30mm Maintube
Light transmission: 97-98%
Side Parallax on Some models 2.5-10x, 3-12x, 4-16x
Target Turrets on 3-12x, 4-16x
Rainguard type feature (not named yet)

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds good so far.
How about quick focus on rear eye ring instead of the whole ocular bell (like the Buckmaster).
Screw in sunshade option.
Zoom ring with tactile bump.(Bump at 3 o'clock = low power, bump at 9 o'clock= high power.)
Mildot reticle with very fine vert and horiz lines and a few other choices.
Water proof and nitrogen purged of course.
First plane (I believe) reticle for mildot scopes.(makes it nice for using mildot leads on running coyotes as well as long range holdovers and range estimation.)

Did I misunderstand what you wanted? Were you looking for suggestions or were you looking for us to comment on the features you already listed as being favorable or not?

Sorry if I misunderstood.

4ked Horn,

You did help! So would you buy one? LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Actually the stuff you said is also a feature. Fast focus eyepiece, Waterproof and nitrogen filled, sunshade adaptable, Mil dot reticle will be in the 1st plane and the Duplex will be in the 2nd.

[ QUOTE ]
You did help! So would you buy one?

[/ QUOTE ]

So I did help. So I get a prototype to use. LOL right back at ya.

[ QUOTE ]
Actually the stuff you said is also a feature. Fast focus eyepiece, Waterproof and nitrogen filled, sunshade adaptable, Mil dot reticle will be in the 1st plane and the Duplex will be in the 2nd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it seems that you and I are on the same wave length.

How are they looking on price? And yes I would buy one if I had a gun to hang it on. I think you know the difference between a good scope and a crappy one. I trust that you wouldn't care to produce a crappy one unless the price was applied accordingly.

It may be because i have ever had the extra money to move up in the optic range but i am seeing no 3-9 by 40s. If memory suits me right those 50s are awfully big and look combersom to me. I may be way off to though.

Robin, to answer your question, when looking at comparable scopes, we sell more 50mm scopes than 40mm. That is why the first line would be the 50mm.

4Horn, below would be a tentive price structure for an example.

1.5-6x42 $369
2.5-10x50 $399
3-12x50 $479
4-16x50 $599

These are subject to change as price is being negotiated.

I am new at this, but I think I would like a 40mm Jon you and I have talked about a scope with a 50mm but recently getting my son's .270 ready for hunting season, his has a 40mm and mine has a 50mm. I prefer his. I got caught up in the 50mm craze when it first started and I think my shooting has suffered from it. Just a thought. Oh and I haven't bought one yet, so let me know when they are ready.

How about a reticle that has hash marks in mins? IOR, Nightforce, and others offer these types of reticles. They would certainly make range adjustments a lot less complicated.

Also, choke style rangefinding is showing up in some high end scopes. A blast from the past but it does work very well and is way quicker and easier then ranging with mil dots. So that would lean you towards etched glass reticles.

Low profile target turrents are always nice. Really enjoying the Nikon buckmaster and Elite 4200 turrent heights when hunting.

Good luck with your venture...

Jerry

Those prices are good for an excellent scope. With those features I'd consider it yes. My preference would be mildot, 4-16x50 with side focus and low profile target style turrets.

Matt.

The 4x16 would interest me the most. Who's making them for you? With those prices I would expect at minimum leopold quality, and an iron clad warranty.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.