Need some advice

I must just have good eyes, cuz I dont need magnification to find animals, I just need it to determine whether or not I'm going to shoot said animal, so doing that through my scope seems to make sense...crosshairs already on it, decide it's a shooter flip the safety, move my finger onto the trigger then drop it. But I havent hunted somewhere with more than a 200yd shot in a long time. Most places I ever get to hunt its 100yds, that's it. Brush so thick you can only see down the senderos to the feeder.

There are some with eyes so good it's hard to believe. I hunted with two guys in my life who could see better without binoculars than I could with 7X. In Oregon one can kill a spike using a doe tag. Sometimes it's very necessary to verify prior to shooting. At 200 yards or more it may be quite difficult for many of us without good glass.

Jbo If I were you I would look at the 3x15 VX5HD. If not it then the 3x18VX6HD both are light and have good optics.
As for using your scope for binos please stop that practice. As spmeone who has been at the other end of this habit get some bino's. I was never as scared as when the guy on the road sat looking at my decoy through his rifle scope. It was archery season and a guy stopped on the road and peered through his scope at my decoy which I was directly behind. Not a good feeling to have as he sat there looking for quite some time. You have stated you hunt in many areas not just your own land I suppose Rich will feel everybody needs a good scare once in a while.

Will I started looking at the vx6hd when I started reading about the 5 and they only land I hunt is my farm of 164 acres

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.