need some input on ammo please

dads300winmag

Hello guy's i have a rem700 308 aac-sd 20in bull with a 1:10 twist i just got a
Bell & carlson tactical stock"2092" put on it but i do not reload :( and wanted to know what your recommendation's on ammo to run out to 500/600yds,or know of someone around that might be willing to load some for me to test/use on deer.I was going to dallas reloads but had some problems,i will be useing a liberty VICTORY suppressor.By the way i live in mid MI

Thank you for your time
Adam

If you aren't going to load your own I'd say Federal Gold Medal Match or Hornady. HSM is pretty decent as well. I've run quite a bit of all thre in my M1A's.

For hunting purposes I really like the Hornady with either SST or JHP's in .308. With the .308's velocity over expansion with the HP's isn't generally a problem as long as you aren't trying to punch shoulders.

Well thank you for the info i just picked up 2 box's of Federal Gold Medal Match & and a box of the sst and will play at little tonight

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.