Need some help ranging with a Huskemaw blue diamond

Philipwight

I am trying to get some help with ranging through the Huskemaw reticle. What I have done so far to test the reticle is set up my stuff 500yrds out and verify it with laser rangefinder as well as mil dot. I have a full size IPSCs as well as a 36"x36" target. I used the reticle as it states in the manual and I can get the 30" mark in the reticle to match up with the full size IPSC and the magnification ring lines up with about 500yrd mark, without touching the magnification ring I can try and line up the 36" target and its quite a bit larger. I can adjust the focus adjustment and get closer but not good enough. If I am thinking about this correctly I can set the focus and mark it then figure out my own scale for the reticle but I hope I'm just doing something wrong. Any help or experience would be nice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 118
does your power ring have two sets of numbers...one for the scope power and one for the range in yards? I don't recall seeing two sets of numbers on the power ring. I think the new scope is using the old manual so all info may not be accurate.

My Blue Diamond does have two sets of numbers on the power ring, one for magnification, one for the range up to 800 yards. I haven't played with the rangefinder that much. I have tried it with a whitetail using the 18" mark, then verifying with my rangefinder. The rangefinder said 450, the scope ranging system was at 470. The question for me was, whether his chest was actually 18" in size. I guess in a pinch you can get close. I have used my Mk4, mil dot scope out to 500 yards on deer with good success several years ago. The OP seems to be using the system theright way. I don't understand why the 30" would work and the 36" be off.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts