need some feedback/suggestions concerning a trigger

Brasshound

I have a Mega arms 308 that is setup for LR shooting. I was recently dialing in the scope and after a realizing the scope mount was not tightened down, I had it nearly perfect. I had 5 shots that were all in a space about the size of a quarter. now understand I was dialing it in and was doing as suggested at 25 yrds.

with that all said this was my first time shooting this weapon, but I enjoyed it after the hick up.
I came to realize that the trigger was very stiff and I would have to wait for the bang due to my very slow and precise efforts to make it a "surprise". it is a single stage trigger. I am very used to having my triggers have a lite pull, ususally 3-4 pounds. that is on my pistols as well as rifles.

if you know anything about mega arms and their stock triggers, I would like to know if they are adjustable? if not what would be a good replacement. I want a good trigger because this is a tight weapon and right for what I an doing. I just don't have it like I want yet. my next trip I will be moving out to 50 and then 100 yrds. my end result desired it to have it zeroed at 200.

please advise.

hound, if your Mega is an AR platform, there are aftermarket triggers available for it. You could also have a smith lighten the factory trigger as well. Contact Mega-Arms and ask which aftermarket will work. Many AR triggers are heavy and creepy. Timney has a very good trigger for ARs, but they aren't cheap.

hound, if your Mega is an AR platform, there are aftermarket triggers available for it. You could also have a smith lighten the factory trigger as well. Contact Mega-Arms and ask which aftermarket will work. Many AR triggers are heavy and creepy. Timney has a very good trigger for ARs, but they aren't cheap.

cheap is not my style, but not crazy. i'm retired but I put good money where it needs to be. I was looking and Mega merged with another company and i'm have to do some research to get info. but I have also contacted the person I bought it from. thanks for the info.

i am not sure i would spend any money on a trigger based on 25 yard shooting. YOU can buy some lighter springs to start with.
i am not sure i would put mega in the precision long range field esp in a 308.
(remember this forum STARTS at 1000 yards)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.