Need Serious Gun Help

[ QUOTE ]
Hey so thanks for the help guys. I'll try and buy the stuff soon.

But i will have to clean with the stuff I have now. I have Hoppes #9, Remington Bore Cleaner, Rem oil, and CLP. Is hoppe's safe to leave in the barrel (Same with remington bore cleaner) and how long should it sit.

I might have more questions but thanks for the help /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

'Is hoppe's safe to leave in the barrel (Same with remington bore cleaner) and how long should it sit."

As long as you want. I have plugged barrels that were filthy, and let them sit until I remembered it days later... everything came out clean with two patches.

Hmmm, alright.

Also on a side note. I dont use a copper jag. I use the Outers Kit. With the brass rods, and PLASTIC JAGS. I know they arent as good but it will have to do for now. I should get any chemical reactions with this and solvent will I?.

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, alright.

Also on a side note. I dont use a copper jag. I use the Outers Kit. With the brass rods, and PLASTIC JAGS. I know they arent as good but it will have to do for now. I should get any chemical reactions with this and solvent will I?.

[/ QUOTE ]

No... the plastic jags will not react with any of the solvents in use.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.