Need info from the Vortex guys and gals...

Dust270WSM

I am VERY interested in the PST models. I am wanting a new scope that is going to be very good for long range dialing in on deer elk and steel. Question I have is I have been getting some bad reviews on the low light or foggy conditions and capability of the PST. Does it actually have low light problems or are these the few and far between instances?

I have always thought the Vortex were some awesome scopes from all the features they pack in them but I have never owned one.

Leupold I have always had like Vari-X 3 and loved them but to get the 30 mm at the longer powers I will have to spend $1000 plus to get what I could get a Vortex for $750. And if I am going to spend $1200 on a s one I would be getting a huskemaw or night force.

So Vortex at $750 or Leupold at approx. $1200 or husk at $1300 or nightforce at $1400.....

i can only talk to shooting 1000 yard steel targets. the viper PST FFP series are great value for money. you will definitely get superior glass for sure with nightforce, but that comes at a significant premium. for my purposes, i find the viper pst with ebr-2c reticle is a great deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts