Need help picking first AR

$200-$300 range Palmetto and Bear Creek Arsenal uppers outshoot my $highend$ spikes by a lot.
1 1/2moa out spikes-1/2moa palmetto 16" and bear creek 16"&10.5" with my match handloads. Didn't even have to try find loads for cheap upper's. Still don't have sub moa load for spikes upper, after trying many dif loads, powders, bullets etc gave up on it. 20" spiral fluted SS BCA upper groups 1/2moa with dang near everything sent down barrel. I own mutille cheap uppers and all have same results. Mind blown, will not spend high$$ for uppers again

If you're looking for a mid-higher end setup, my advice is to browse your local gunshop used collection on a regular basis. Well built setups on the used market go for dirt cheap half the time because consigners and gun store owners know the used black rifles don't sell very well. I picked up a BSF barrel, titanium adjustable gas block, high end setup for less than a grand two months ago. Somebody had dumped over 2k into building it before realizing they wanted something else instead.

Sounds like I should go ahead and try something heavier than the 55's.
It shot quite well with open sights and the trigger isn't bad. A bit heavy but not bad.
In case you missed the above post crashlanding I bought a palmetto state armory.
I forgot how much fun semi auto's are!

Late to your post, in a 7T, you can't go wrong with the IMI MK262s. I know some people who shot these in competition. Much cheaper than the Black Hillls and FGMM offerings.

I love it when I find something like that.
I hate when I am that person wanting something different. lol
Unfortunately I've been on both ends of that situation as well lol. Just finished building a mid tier 6.5 CM AR10 and find myself questioning the logic for doing so when a 6.5 CM bolt gun would be better suited to target practice, cheaper, and quieter when suppressed...

i just love doing 500-800yd rapid follow up shots with the 6.5CM, trying to get the shot off before the previous impacts. torso-sized steel. yeah, not ultra precision. I just love my long distance semi-autos. I try to do 5 in a row, haven't succeeded yet. But it's still fun as hell trying.

it's fun. plain, simple fun.

Recent Posts