First AR

clemens

Purchased a AR15 yesterday. SPS I-15.
It is very clean took it apart according to all videos I've watched:cool:. Goes back together correctly, well except one thing not 100% sure on. Once bolt is released and all locks up trigger releases just fine but it dont reset. Now question is are triggers on the AR suppose to reset on all AR platforms? I am assuming they are. There is no forward assist on this platform. I assume since trigger works that it is fully locking up when bolt slides home. Any info on this be most appreciated. Thanks

congrats, i'd have to go to the safe and count to tell you how many Ar15's i have. all of them are custom builds except a PSA kit i got with a complete upper.

i'm assuming you mean when you dry fire the rifle, the trigger isn't resetting? if that's the case, pull the trigger, keep it pulled after firing and then pull the charging handle back. the trigger should reset when the bcg cocks the hammer again. if it's not, the trigger spring could be installed incorrectly.

congrats, i'd have to go to the safe and count to tell you how many Ar15's i have. all of them are custom builds except a PSA kit i got with a complete upper.

i'm assuming you mean when you dry fire the rifle, the trigger isn't resetting? if that's the case, pull the trigger, keep it pulled after firing and then pull the charging handle back. the trigger should reset when the bcg cocks the hammer again. if it's not, the trigger spring could be installed incorrectly.

Thanks for the reply, as I was reading your answer light bulb came on (duh) forgot that part of the video. I'm am looking forward to learning all I can about them so is my 2 youngest twin daughters they are stoked..

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.