Need help interpreting OCW development for 308 Varget and 175 SMK

I was not aware that OCW goes haywire when in pressure zones. Was starting to see ejector "shine" at the upper end but not the other typical pressure signs.
It is my experience that once you get into high pressure, your groups will cycle fairly dramatically between horizontal stringing and vertical stringing. You will see less variation in height of POI, but any kind of round group will be harder to come by.

Just my experience, take it for what you will.

I'd shoot 43.9 at 500 and see what happens. Could be great, but the sample size is small. The other thing I'd seriously consider doing if I was you would be to shoot a ladder at distance like @Alex Wheeler has described on here. You WILL get the best load possible every time that way. There are multiple ways to rapidly get to a good starting point. Instead of OCW, I use what a few seem to think is a little heretic (but has worked fine for me and is fast) and use the "Satterlee" method to find my nodes and then test them at distance. The last 3 times I've done that I've found a load in less than 20 rounds. It's not as definitive as Alex's method but if you can't get out to shoot 500+ then it is extremely convenient. The other thing it does, which I find valuable, is give you an idea of the ES across the entire node...just makes decision making on where to start easier.

Don't waste your time with the 1 bad shot on a ladder test, jacking the whole test , comment. Ladder test is a waste of time and too hard to do unless you have 300 yards minimum and 1000 yards to test...
Anyways back to the OP. 43.7 would most likely be your node. Do some seating test and shoot 5 shots from there per group. Have you tried doing it round robin style of shooting. It would be interesting to see your shots. Your groups look like some shooter error was induced from some of the vertical and horizontal stringing
What in the world does 300 or 1000 yards have to do with a ladder test?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.